There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig

New compensation plan?

Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have many clients and sell lots of food therefore I make a good salary at this time at Jenny Craig. Can somebody who is piloting the new compensation plan tell me specifically how it works? What is the base salary what is it based on what is the bonus structure

Cons

Not knowing what the plan is

Be more specific with your employees and more informative about the company changes

273 Other Employee Reviews for Jenny Craig (View Most Recent)

Sales job not a client care job

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig (more than 3 years)

Pros

Program discounts, helping others, learned skills like motivational interviewing

Cons

Micro-managing, pushing people to buy food, Went in wanting to help people and was even told no one has problem meeting sales goals etc. Management cares more about sales dollars than actually helping people. Promised a full time positions and ended up with 12 hours a week eventually. Miss my clients but don't miss working there

Treat employees like the adults they are - Provide more training - Need better compensation

Info for Ft. Lauderdale consultant seeking more info for new compensation

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Making good money but apparently not for long and I like helping clients reach their goal, flexible hours

Cons

I have a friend who is in the DFW new compensation plan for jenny. Consultants who have been there less than 10 years got a hourly pay raise ranging from $2 to $4 an hour, anyone over 10 years got maybe about a $1 an hour raise. There is no wage increase once you hit the top hourly wage at 10 years.
     There is no more commission for anything apparently. The only way to make anymore than your hourly pay is if your center makes quota ( it goes up in 5% increments. Which means your market director sets your quota and that is not always set in a fair way for all centers ( so you could have a very high quota which is almost impossible to meet ) and if you have just one slacker in your center that could also sabotage your chances to get any quota bonus.
     I heard they also just rolled out a comeback bonus too. So unless you can get every client to come back every 2 weeks you lose again. That bonus is also on a sliding scale but also it is a center bonus again too.
     A couple of people could be doing all the work to make sure to get bonus's and other staff could do almost nothing and get the same bonus as those who work. Nothing is different for those in high volume centers and those centers who do less than half of a high volume revenue center. I understand that there is supposed to be one other area coming soon.
     I was also told that people are leaving because they can't count on these bonus's ( they are bonus's and have no guarantee you will get them ). Apparently these employees are having trouble being able to pay their bills. I think all this reduction in salary is because jenny has been losing money and now that they are going to be associated with Curves the new CEO wants to lower jenny employee wages to more like Curves lower wages. I am not looking forward to this when it hits me. They seem to think experience is not worth anything and neither is bringing lots of money into centers. You get paid apparently only for how long you have worked for jenny and that is only to 10 years employment -- not for how you perform !!!!!!

Pay employees a fair wage for what they do

There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig