Unethical Witches

Former Employee - Assistant Centre Director  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Assistant Centre Director in New York, NY

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Do not need a college degree, Sense of fulfillment, Food discounts.

Cons

UNethical management, favoritism & nepotism, unfairness in corporate culture, rules not fairly enforced, gossip, shitty hours, low pay, HORRIBLE benefits.

I would advise Patty Larchet to introduce more testosterone into this environment. I now work in finance - which is almost all men and it is infintesimilly more professional. Do not promote your corporate culture to turn your employees into stepford wives, which is exactly how women who stay there and grow start to act. Pay your employees more than just min wage and secure some better benefits.

Other Reviews for Jenny Craig

I was counting the days until I left this horrid place.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  San Bruno, CA
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Potential for decent take home pay for a job that only requires a H.S. diploma.
    Next to impossible to get fired.
    Can waste time by shooting the "s**t" with longtime clients in your office.
    If you can manage to stick around for more than a year it can become pretty cushy. You become good friends with a lot of your clients so it's pretty laid back.

Cons

Disgruntled, middle aged housewives who don't want to actually put any effort into their weight loss and then make up endless excuses for why they didn't stick to the program.
    Listening to people complain all day (being an underpaid shrink)
    Management and corporate don't give a rats a** about employees. Managers in centres try to keep you down. Very difficult to move from In centre positions to corporate. The worst hours and schedules you've ever heard of in your life. Holidays, 7:00 am on Saturday, "split shifts" which is 8-12 in mornings and then 4-8 in evening. OH, and they also like to go in and move around hours on your time card so you don't get any overtime hours. In fact, three employess filed a class action suit for this very reason and I got $1,800 in back wages (score!)

Try to treat employees with more respect be grateful to the ones who actually stick it out for longer than a year because its no easy feat.

Don't believe the hyped

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

The opportunity to help others with their weight loss needs.

Cons

The control and manipulation over pay and hours.

Please be honest and respect the employees lives and opinions.

There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!