Run Run As Fast As You Can

Current Employee - Program Director in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Program Director in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Able to meet people and "change lives" if they follow the program. If you work for a good center director then the job is easy, if not then it can be HELL- I was lucky, my friend who works at another center not so lucky she is in constant conflict with co-workers fighting for commission

Cons

Pay Sucks Commission Structure Sucks $8.65 base pay per hr. Long hours 9am to 7pm half day on Sat. Some centers are open Sundays. Benefits suck and cost almost $100 per month for indivdual but if your making $8.00 that is a major chunk from your check! Medical benefits are limited as well.

Advice to Management

Get it together and pay your employees

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unethical Witches

Former Employee - Assistant Centre Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Centre Director in New York, NY

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Do not need a college degree, Sense of fulfillment, Food discounts.

Cons

UNethical management, favoritism & nepotism, unfairness in corporate culture, rules not fairly enforced, gossip, shitty hours, low pay, HORRIBLE benefits.

Advice to Management

I would advise Patty Larchet to introduce more testosterone into this environment. I now work in finance - which is almost all men and it is infintesimilly more professional. Do not promote your corporate culture to turn your employees into stepford wives, which is exactly how women who stay there and grow start to act. Pay your employees more than just min wage and secure some better benefits.

I was counting the days until I left this horrid place.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Bruno, CA
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Potential for decent take home pay for a job that only requires a H.S. diploma. Next to impossible to get fired. Can waste time by shooting the "s**t" with longtime clients in your office. If you can manage to stick around for more than a year it can become pretty cushy. You become good friends with a lot of your clients so it's pretty laid back.

Cons

Disgruntled, middle aged housewives who don't want to actually put any effort into their weight loss and then make up endless excuses for why they didn't stick to the program. Listening to people complain all day (being an underpaid shrink) Management and corporate don't give a rats a** about employees. Managers in centres try to keep you down. Very difficult to move from In centre positions to corporate. The worst hours and schedules you've ever heard of in your life. Holidays, 7:00 am on Saturday, "split shifts" which is 8-12 in mornings and then 4-8 in evening. OH, and they also like to go in and move around hours on your time card so you don't get any overtime hours. In fact, three employess filed a class action suit for this very reason and I got $1,800 in back wages (score!)

Advice to Management

Try to treat employees with more respect be grateful to the ones who actually stick it out for longer than a year because its no easy feat.