Jeppesen Sanderson

www.jeppesen.com
  www.jeppesen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jeppesen Sanderson

Jeppesen is a good company with issues common to most other software development companies.

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Jeppesen Sanderson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always interesting work and good people to work with. Most employees are focused on providing the best products to their customers. Development teams and delivery teams continue to make the effort to go the extra mile to get a good product out the door.

Cons

Chaos in the management areas where senior management is trying to implement more cohesive practices. They seem to understand the concepts but not how to implement them. Director levels and some Senior Manager levels seem to be in the 'rotating door' syndrome where processes and practices continue to change every time a management change occurs. Needs more stability.

Separate the processes and practices used to manage development projects from the Directors that control the groups using them. Every time a new Director comes in, the development teams are forced to change to the new Director's favorite processes and practices.

Also, don't allow Directors to manage their teams remotely. We lost a lot of capability because the Director didn't know our needs and culture.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Jeppesen Sanderson (View Most Recent)

Going Downhill

Former Employee - Web Developer in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Englewood, CO

I worked at Jeppesen Sanderson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Aviation is an interesting (if unstable field). Some really cool people to work with, especially some of the "old timers." Office is decent and the cafeteria is better than most office food courts.

Cons

Your ideas will be poo-pooed then co-opted a year later with someone else taking the credit. Many managers are clueless as to what their team is doing and cannot support them properly. In the four years I was there, I had four different managers, even though I never moved positions or teams. Any criticism is viewed as insubordination and will not be tolerated.

Crack down on idea-stealing and back-biting. Learn how to prepare for the future, rather than just reacting to events. Allow for constructive criticism.

What a bunch of incompetent blow-hards

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at Jeppesen Sanderson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some very smart talent, but few and far between

Cons

Good 'ole boy network. If you don't go to the same church forget it.

Get a real job