Jespersen & Associates

expect to last 1yr or less in events

Former Employee - Event Planning Associate in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Event Planning Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Jespersen & Associates

Pros

nice office, flexible schedules, good benefits, good exposure to event planning, opportunities to choose work to be involved in

Cons

senior management is completely incompetent, plays favorites and doesn't communicate with events team. lots of turnover on events and project side. pay is well under average and the events workload is big. the company has been practically broke for several years and survives off events for one client. good place to get events exposure, not much else

treat employees with respect, listen to events and increase pay to match the work

3 Other Employee Reviews for Jespersen & Associates (View Most Recent)

Starting, growing and managing a small business is a challenge but our work in women's health makes it all worthwhile.

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Partner in Boston, MA

I have been working at Jespersen & Associates

Pros

There are opportunities for long-term growth and ownership in the company. Especially given the company's structure, with senior partners working from remote locations. For those who seek 9 to 5 positions, the agency may just be a stepping stone.

Cons

Medical communications and educational events planning is serious and demanding work. The office environment in Boston is open and collaborative but not as relaxed as some people might expect.

As the founder and senior partner, I know the difficulties of managing a small company in today's economic environment. I wish I could make the situation better for all our employees but these are lean and mean times for us all. Fortunately I share management tasks with three talented and long-term partners who have been with the agency now for many years, and who have come up the ranks on their own merits.

Overpromising And Underdelivering

Former Employee - Associate, Medical Education Programs in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Associate, Medical Education Programs in Boston, MA

I worked at Jespersen & Associates

Pros

You will have a great time in the office hanging out with people and talking. There are some fun girls on the events team - There are some potlucks and other fun things if you like food. the benefits are good and the office is "modern"

Cons

Lot of pressure on events to take on more programs, so it is easy to be very overworked. The lack of leadership from the partners is difficult, as they all live in other states, and rarely visit the office. Several times, there were promises of promotions and raises for events that don't happen. Because the company is losing money every year I was there, that was the excuse for not raising salaries and firing half the events staff. There is one big client that pays all of JA bills and is disasstisfied with the company, probably because there are not enough people to do the work. so it is probably jsut a matter of time. I would not recommend working here unless you are looking for a way to break into the medical events field

Don't overpromise promotions and raises to staff, only to year over year deny them, become profitable and visit the office more regularly

There are newer employer reviews for Jespersen & Associates