JetBlue

www.jetblue.com
There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Lets keep a union out of jetBlue!

Current Employee - Pilot
Current Employee - Pilot

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Better than average work environment. The people are for the most part very good to work with and everyone - for the most part - seems to be trying to work towards the same goal. It is a very tough time in the airline industry, but we need to be compensated fairly - and our current medical benefits are well below standard. Out pay is getting better, but still lags our competition. There needs to be some substantial, meaningful changes in this area or I am afraid that a union will be voted onto the property. Please don't let that happen -

Cons

Lower pay and benefits than other airlines

Lead!

322 Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue (View Most Recent)

Jetblue Airways.

Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

One of the few airlines with a decent relationship between managament and the rank and file. As we grow, the trend is toward a standard airline, but on the surface they are still trying to keep it civil.

Cons

Benefits package is industry lagging.

Listen to the people in the trenches. Some of these Senior VP's are idiots. If they listened to what was really going on, the company would run better.

JetBlue... It's not just about FREE FLIGHTS!

Current Employee - Ground Operations in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Ground Operations in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

JetBlue is an amazing place to work... Not only for the benefits. I have been there for a little over a year and feel like I have built a second family. For the most part, the supervisors are extremely supportive. They are willing to help you out any way that they can, regardless if it has to do with work or not. They are open and will come to you if any problems arise. They show appreciation when you go above and beyond. My coworkers are AMAZING! Of course every job has it's bad apples, but honestly, they are few and far between. The people that I work with, WANT to work for JetBlue and LOVE what they are doing. We have crewmember parties, get-togethers out side of work, and just plain out fun. 99% of us enjoy waking up and coming to work everyday not only because we have a great time, but because we are with great people. We stand by our 5 values and that's what makes it such a great place.

Cons

Downsides... Well, I can't think of a whole lot. Right now we are somewhat short staffed. We are in the process of hiring new crewmembers but it seems like the hiring process takes so long. I know that the hiring process is thorough but I think that the higher ups wait until the last minute to hire new people. This needs to be addressed. Also, I think that management needs to be more involved with the stations. Our specific station does not have a GM at the moment. Our regional manager is around maybe three times a week. I know many people feel like they don't have anyone above the supervisors that they can turn to for issues.

I think that Senior Management needs to be more involved. Instead of just being at the job... Actually BE around. See what we go through during the operation of a day. You can't rely on just what people say. You need to be in the operation.

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue