There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Corporate Greed is ruining this company

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Working with all of our uniformed front line employees.

Cons

Back in its hay day (10 years ago or so) this was a fantastic company. Now its run by a B.O.D and a group of upper management that cares less about its employees, and more about their own bank accounts.
The front line employees are not taken care of, in fact more is expected of us and we receive less support than ever. Bonuses go to the "big-wigs" who all pat each other on the backs for the hard work that the 99% of the actual hard working front line employees do, who's hard work win the JD Powers awards time and time again (not the "happy jetting" and " you above all" bill boards). You know, the Crewmembers who actually spend face time with our paying passengers and do everything in our power to keep everyone happy and loyal, even when the managers making the big bucks drop the ball and we have to over compensate for why we are stuck out on the runway for 4 hours while other carriers have gates and actual plans to avoid such crises. If we treated passengers the way Jetblue treated us, there would be no airline. Period.
The company pays our former CFO (who left rather abruptly) a 1 million dollar farewell gift, yet our health insurance goes up, our work load increases, and the flight attendant quality of life rapidly declines with work rules that make other airlines actually laugh in disbelief in what Jeblue gets away with.
Our CEO spends time and a lot of company money in DC with other non union airlines trying to make it harder for Flight Attendants to have a better quality of life, yet we don't see him willing to rip up his iron clad contract.
Lets talk benefits....I have the same amount of vacation/sick/personal time as I had 10 years ago (give or take a couple of hours, yes HOURS), and I make close to the same salary....when at this point in the game I should be working less to make the same amount in this line of work. So no, I would not recommend this company to anyone to work for.
If I had a crystal ball and could see that the BOD would throw its founding CEO under the bus and fire him to try and save some face in the public eye, only to replace him with what we have now...I would have chosen another company, as would a good 75% of this department if you want the truth. Corporate greed continue to be its biggest downfall.

Advice to Management

Fear does not gain respect.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's a good place to work

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

The friends you make and people you work with.

Cons

No support from supervisors when it comes to situations in air.

Advice to Management

I think the inflight suppervisors need to fly at least a 2 day trips every month. Some have been off the line for years and have no clue anymore. The chief pilots fly monthly why can't our sups do the same.

2. Not perfect but good

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

travel benefits, some movement within company

Cons

not enough feedback for employees applying for jobs internally

Advice to Management

Would like non-anonymous suggestion email box