Not what it use to be..

Current Employee - Pilot  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Can't claim any. because they are usually taken away on a weekly basis

Cons

Typical Airline management, enough said. Company stock purchase plan reduced to nothing. Stock options no longer offered to new hires. Significant reduction in pay if you use your sick time. A daily reduction in over-all work environment and quality of life.

Treat your people how you promised in the beginning, or we are doomed to be just like every one else. What ever happened to take care of your people and they take care of the customer..

Other Reviews for JetBlue

JetBlue Becomes A Victim Of It's Success

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Although not always successful people at JetBlue try to do the right thing. Enpowerment was a big thing during the early days of the airline, although it isn't as prevalent as it used to be.

Cons

JetBlue was started by people who were willing to take a risk. Over time the Risk Takers have either been driven out or pigeoned hole and made to change over time. In their place has risen the Care Takers. People who require conformity and scorn enpowerment.

The best advertisement is "word of mouth" advertising. The growth of the Marketing Department indicates that we are looking for "cutzie" gimmicks instead of sticking to the best advertisement; a satisfied customer.

Not the great place to work it used to be..

Current Employee - Server Engineer
    Current Employee - Server Engineer

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

When I first started JetBlue was an incredible place to work. I had a great team, and really felt appreciated as an employee. The flight benefits are nice. There's a certain level of autonomy that is nice to have, but the lack of direct supervision can be frustrating at times when you need someone to stick up for you.

Cons

Salaries in IT are well below average. If you can't afford to do anything when you get there, what good are flight benefits? IT management continues to make promises that are not kept. Recent initiatives to review salaries and experience were a step in the right direction, that unfortunately missed the mark completely.

Return to the core values that the company was founded on.. Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun & Passion 4 out of the 5 are gone..

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!