JetBlue
www.jetblue.com Long Island City, NY 5000+ Employees

Overall a great company to work for, no one is perfect.

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsThe benefits are great. Management leaves you alone as long as you do what you are supposed to and fly under the radar. It's a very flexible job as you can move your schedule around. They provide us with dinners during holidays. The pay is much better than the legacy carrier pay, at least starting out for the Flight Attendants. Anything flown over 70 hours a month is considered over time and it's paid at a time and a half rate.

ConsReserve is very difficult and it's hard to break the 75 hour guarantee. You really have to be prepared if you are going to change a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementReserves need to be treated better. A lot of the crew members don't even know what reserve is as most of them were on reserve for only 1-4 months. Now the new people are paying price for it. Maybe one month reserve one month line holders, or if we pick trips up on our days off don't count it towards our guarantee because we are working on our days off. The fuel is no longer $150.00 a barrel, so there is no excuse why reserves can't be paid more. Remember we are human beings with financial responsibilities, lets work on improving the reserves quality of life.
Also, in order to stay competitive in a market we have to start growing again.

Not what it use to be..

Pilot (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros: Can't claim any. because they are usually taken away on… Cons: Typical Airline management, enough said. Company stock purchase plan reduced to nothing. Stock options no longer offered to new hires.… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your people how you promised in the beginning, or we are doomed to be just like every… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

JetBlue Becomes A Victim Of It's Success

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros: Although not always successful people at JetBlue try to do the right thing. Enpowerment was a big… Cons: JetBlue was started by people who were willing to take a risk. Over time the Risk Takers have either been driven out or… Advice to Senior Management: The best advertisement is "word of mouth" advertising. The growth of the Marketing Department indicates that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on JetBlue.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JetBlue reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JetBlue CEO Dave Barger. All reviews posted anonymously by JetBlue employees.