There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Overall a great company to work for, no one is perfect.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

The benefits are great. Management leaves you alone as long as you do what you are supposed to and fly under the radar. It's a very flexible job as you can move your schedule around. They provide us with dinners during holidays. The pay is much better than the legacy carrier pay, at least starting out for the Flight Attendants. Anything flown over 70 hours a month is considered over time and it's paid at a time and a half rate.

Cons

Reserve is very difficult and it's hard to break the 75 hour guarantee. You really have to be prepared if you are going to change a career.

Reserves need to be treated better. A lot of the crew members don't even know what reserve is as most of them were on reserve for only 1-4 months. Now the new people are paying price for it. Maybe one month reserve one month line holders, or if we pick trips up on our days off don't count it towards our guarantee because we are working on our days off. The fuel is no longer $150.00 a barrel, so there is no excuse why reserves can't be paid more. Remember we are human beings with financial responsibilities, lets work on improving the reserves quality of life.
Also, in order to stay competitive in a market we have to start growing again.

288 Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue (View Most Recent)

Not what it use to be..

Current Employee - Pilot  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Can't claim any. because they are usually taken away on a weekly basis

Cons

Typical Airline management, enough said. Company stock purchase plan reduced to nothing. Stock options no longer offered to new hires. Significant reduction in pay if you use your sick time. A daily reduction in over-all work environment and quality of life.

Treat your people how you promised in the beginning, or we are doomed to be just like every one else. What ever happened to take care of your people and they take care of the customer..

To the shareholders, the financial stability, and defining a new tier of airline, "value airline" , good job.

Current Employee - Captain
    Current Employee - Captain

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

People. It is a fun place to work.

Cons

Benefits and retirement are not up to industry standards. And health benefits after retirement do not exist.

Support the pilots pay them average or better yet above average to their peer set in the industry. Same with benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!