There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Jetblue is only worth it if you are a pilot, flight attendant, GM or Supervisor.

Current Employee - Airport Operations  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Airport Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Jetblue offers a great opportunity to travel to all levels of employees. The benefits package is better than what most businesses are offering, and management has not increased what employees are paying into it for the past two years. Management is extremely outgoing and willing to have face to face time with all levels of employees. On numerous occasions I have had the chance to speak with the CEO directly, it's extremely rare for that to happen in most organizations. Training is an important part of the company and employees are able to go into their jobs with confidence. Overall Jetblue is a good company to work for.

Cons

Employees in Customer service are given ZERO holidays, no sick days, and are penalized for being a minute late even if due to the transportation offered. The pay scale for customer service is laughable, who can honestly live off of $11 dollars an hour? And after three years of service only be making $13.10?? The company is in talks of switching over to HSA'S which would make their benefits package absolutely horrible. Jetblue is in desperate need of a union for ALL of its employees not just the pilots.

Consider the cost of living when deciding salaries. Yes you pay for parking, and are not increasing what people pay into their health benefits, BUT no-one can live off of a $11 dollars an hour, and after a year $11.75?? Three years $13.10?? That's insane.

288 Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue (View Most Recent)

Overall a great company to work for, no one is perfect.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

The benefits are great. Management leaves you alone as long as you do what you are supposed to and fly under the radar. It's a very flexible job as you can move your schedule around. They provide us with dinners during holidays. The pay is much better than the legacy carrier pay, at least starting out for the Flight Attendants. Anything flown over 70 hours a month is considered over time and it's paid at a time and a half rate.

Cons

Reserve is very difficult and it's hard to break the 75 hour guarantee. You really have to be prepared if you are going to change a career.

Reserves need to be treated better. A lot of the crew members don't even know what reserve is as most of them were on reserve for only 1-4 months. Now the new people are paying price for it. Maybe one month reserve one month line holders, or if we pick trips up on our days off don't count it towards our guarantee because we are working on our days off. The fuel is no longer $150.00 a barrel, so there is no excuse why reserves can't be paid more. Remember we are human beings with financial responsibilities, lets work on improving the reserves quality of life.
    Also, in order to stay competitive in a market we have to start growing again.

Not what it use to be..

Current Employee - Pilot  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Can't claim any. because they are usually taken away on a weekly basis

Cons

Typical Airline management, enough said. Company stock purchase plan reduced to nothing. Stock options no longer offered to new hires. Significant reduction in pay if you use your sick time. A daily reduction in over-all work environment and quality of life.

Treat your people how you promised in the beginning, or we are doomed to be just like every one else. What ever happened to take care of your people and they take care of the customer..

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!