JetBlue

www.jetblue.com
  www.jetblue.com
There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Great place, dynamic environment, diversity of workforce

I worked at JetBlue as a contractor

Pros

Great opportunity and fun loving culture, Great place, dynamic environment, diversity of workforce, lot of chances to grow

Cons

cannot think of any per se, however, could be a challenging environment for some one who is not used to working in a fast paced work env.

309 Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue (View Most Recent)

Look elsewhere if you're a pilot

Current Employee - A320 Captain
    Current Employee - A320 Captain

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Well maintained airplanes and a good group to fly with...at least the ones that have their head's out of the sand.

Cons

Zero job/career protections as well as true codified work rules. Most things can change via email with zero negotiation. Good luck to all of us in the event of a merger...

People, Performance, Prosperity...remember?? You've got it backwards. Accountants are running this place based on excel spreadsheet computations; they've completely discounted the "people" factor. We will never be the next Southwest.

Don't drink the Blue Juice

Current Employee - Pilot
    Current Employee - Pilot

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paycheck deposited ontime, everytime. Company is growing.

Cons

Worst health care in the industry and getting worse every year (higher premiums, higher deductibles, less coverage). Industry leading worst retirement. Below average wages (management promised average of our peer set, one of many lies). Extremely questionable job security in the face of a merger or aquisition.

The biggest 'con' though is how management has blatantly lied to its employee groups on many, many occassions, and when confronted, all you get from them is an "oops...sorry. What we meant was...". They misrepresent issues and skew facts in an attempt to run their agenda, hoping the employees aren't smart enough to figure it out. And yes, they have been caught in many lies. Nothing earth shattering or news worthy (you won't see it reported on CNN or MSNBC), but the affect is real--as a whole, most employees do not trust this managment any more. Sad.

And this leads to one of the biggest travesties here--the lack of values. Oh, if you were to be hired here at JetPoo, you would be innundated with the "5 Core Values". Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion. But these are only for employees to follow. Management is exempt. As I mentioned earlier, they have been caught lying many many times to employees on various issues, so the Integrity value is out the window. Charging more for healthcare that doesn't cover as much as the year before while profits are soaring is just one expamle of the lack of the Caring value. By the way, JetBlue is self insured, meaning they directly control the coverages and costs of their healthcare plans. As for Safety, well that's a slippery slope. I'm not going to say this company operates unsafely (I wouldn't still be here if I did), but let's just say there are many many examples of decisions that management makes where the profitability of a route or schedule trumps common sense and forces employees into less than desirable situations and puts the Safety value in question as well as again demonstrating a lack of Caring and Integrity.

Stop lying! Start Caring. Lead by example. It's easy to