JetBlue

www.jetblue.com

Don't drink the Blue Juice

Pilot (Current Employee)

ProsPaycheck deposited ontime, everytime. Company is growing.

ConsWorst health care in the industry and getting worse every year (higher premiums, higher deductibles, less coverage). Industry leading worst retirement. Below average wages (management promised average of our peer set, one of many lies). Extremely questionable job security in the face of a merger or aquisition.

The biggest 'con' though is how management has blatantly lied to its employee groups on many, many occassions, and when confronted, all you get from them is an "oops...sorry. What we meant was...". They misrepresent issues and skew facts in an attempt to run their agenda, hoping the employees aren't smart enough to figure it out. And yes, they have been caught in many lies. Nothing earth shattering or news worthy (you won't see it reported on CNN or MSNBC), but the affect is real--as a whole, most employees do not trust this managment any more. Sad.

And this leads to one of the biggest travesties here--the lack of values. Oh, if you were to be hired here at JetPoo, you would be innundated with the "5 Core Values". Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion. But these are only for employees to follow. Management is exempt. As I mentioned earlier, they have been caught lying many many times to employees on various issues, so the Integrity value is out the window. Charging more for healthcare that doesn't cover as much as the year before while profits are soaring is just one expamle of the lack of the Caring value. By the way, JetBlue is self insured, meaning they directly control the coverages and costs of their healthcare plans. As for Safety, well that's a slippery slope. I'm not going to say this company operates unsafely (I wouldn't still be here if I did), but let's just say there are many many examples of decisions that management makes where the profitability of a route or schedule trumps common sense and forces employees into less than desirable situations and puts the Safety value in question as well as again demonstrating a lack of Caring and Integrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying! Start Caring. Lead by example. It's easy to

Very good and enjoyable experience at the company

Airport Operations Crew Member (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Travel benefits, decent pay and schedule Cons: better management needed for employees, should be treated better, more… Advice to Senior Management: Have your crew's back and do whats right Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Taking Off with JetBlue

Server Engineer (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Career Advancement, Recognition of Work and Great Office Environment Cons: Need to save more money to visit all destinations JetBlue… Advice to Senior Management: Please keep up the good effort in recognizing crewmembers for their hard work.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on JetBlue.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!