There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Look elsewhere if you're a pilot

Current Employee - A320 Captain
Current Employee - A320 Captain

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Well maintained airplanes and a good group to fly with...at least the ones that have their head's out of the sand.

Cons

Zero job/career protections as well as true codified work rules. Most things can change via email with zero negotiation. Good luck to all of us in the event of a merger...

People, Performance, Prosperity...remember?? You've got it backwards. Accountants are running this place based on excel spreadsheet computations; they've completely discounted the "people" factor. We will never be the next Southwest.

288 Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue (View Most Recent)

Don't drink the Blue Juice

Current Employee - Pilot
    Current Employee - Pilot

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paycheck deposited ontime, everytime. Company is growing.

Cons

Worst health care in the industry and getting worse every year (higher premiums, higher deductibles, less coverage). Industry leading worst retirement. Below average wages (management promised average of our peer set, one of many lies). Extremely questionable job security in the face of a merger or aquisition.

The biggest 'con' though is how management has blatantly lied to its employee groups on many, many occassions, and when confronted, all you get from them is an "oops...sorry. What we meant was...". They misrepresent issues and skew facts in an attempt to run their agenda, hoping the employees aren't smart enough to figure it out. And yes, they have been caught in many lies. Nothing earth shattering or news worthy (you won't see it reported on CNN or MSNBC), but the affect is real--as a whole, most employees do not trust this managment any more. Sad.

And this leads to one of the biggest travesties here--the lack of values. Oh, if you were to be hired here at JetPoo, you would be innundated with the "5 Core Values". Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion. But these are only for employees to follow. Management is exempt. As I mentioned earlier, they have been caught lying many many times to employees on various issues, so the Integrity value is out the window. Charging more for healthcare that doesn't cover as much as the year before while profits are soaring is just one expamle of the lack of the Caring value. By the way, JetBlue is self insured, meaning they directly control the coverages and costs of their healthcare plans. As for Safety, well that's a slippery slope. I'm not going to say this company operates unsafely (I wouldn't still be here if I did), but let's just say there are many many examples of decisions that management makes where the profitability of a route or schedule trumps common sense and forces employees into less than desirable situations and puts the Safety value in question as well as again demonstrating a lack of Caring and Integrity.

Stop lying! Start Caring. Lead by example. It's easy to

Very good and enjoyable experience at the company

Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Travel benefits, decent pay and schedule

Cons

better management needed for employees, should be treated better, more caring

Have your crew's back and do whats right

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!