JetBlue

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

rapidly deteriorating.

Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY
Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

employees are fabulous in spite of working conditions

Cons

Management gets more hostile everyday

please explain how Alaska who you say is in the sweet spot with us, can quadruple our profit with less planes and 15% higher costs. Tell us how you agreed to a pay review process and then broke your word. Tell us how you plan to attract any pilot with 15% under industry average wages, the worst health care in the industry and below average retirement.

330 Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue (View Most Recent)

Avoid the IT department at jetBlue if you value your career

Current Employee - IT Manager in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Free flights
    - people I work with I get along well with

Cons

- Directors are still detached, selfish, and ignore recommendations from their management and experienced people, leaving those people to mop up poor decisions
    - A lot of managers don't escalate, let the directors walk all over them and make decisions that they know are not optimal
    - Certain directors (Infrastructure services) are allowed to hire people from their old companies directly into management positions that are created specifically for them and in some cases unnecessary, even if they're not qualified
    - Directors place unqualified people into certain positions and levels (architect) simply to say that there are career opportunities
    - There is high risk of retaliation when you bring concerns to your manager or Director (poor reviews without clear reasons or followup/engagement from your Crewleader)
    - There are no promotions. You must apply for a position, then you're not given competitive salaries, but a minimal increase based on your current salary. There's also risk of retaliation if you then refuse the promotion.
    - Salaries are non-competitive with local NYC market, IT is having extreme difficult acquiring talent, and talent retention is difficult.
    - Talent management is among the worst I've seen in any IT department, subject matter experts are now detached and have no incentive to engage in current projects and initiatives
    - Extreme lack of vision in the director level in terms of overall strategy, lots of money spent in the wrong places or poorly spent (Infrastructure)

People department needs to pay closer attention to what's going on in departments, specifically IT. There needs to be more ways for Crewmembers to state their concerns or issues without possibility retaliation from their management. It seems the CIO had good intentions, but he brought in and moved a couple of ineffective people into key roles that has IT unable to engage and meet the rapidly changing needs of the business.

Crewmember is a Euphemism for Employee

Current Employee - Ground Operations in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Ground Operations in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

JetBlue is very generous with flight benefits. Direct deposit is reliable. There is a large TV in the break room and couches in the locker room.

Cons

If I could go back in time, I would never have worked for this company. They are involved in an endless struggle of codifying the terms of employment and performance. The recruitment process is an absolute joke. It has improved over the years, however the target selection process doesn't always yield the best results.

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue