False Perception of a company making believe they care

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with some great fellow inflight crews.

Cons

Work rules are horrible and are only followed when convenient for management. Crew scheduling and the whole reserve life is the worst in the industry. They fire people at a drop of a dime. Duty days go up to 18 hours at a time with little or no rest, not safe for anybody and then they are surprised when we get sick from being run down. Layovers are beyond short. No job security at all

You would think we would be treated better and be sincerely valued. I have been told that Flight Attendants are a dime a dozen. Treat your flight attendants well, and the good karma will trickle down to the customers. No wonder so many are talking about a union. It is hard to keep caring so much for our customers when we are not treated right. So many of us really take pride in our career, help us help you.

Other Reviews for JetBlue

Was Great, not so much any more

Current Employee - Pilot  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people that were hired when all the other airlines were not hiring. Everyone that helps generate revenue/touched airplanes are generally great people and we all work together well.

Cons

The leadership at jetBlue has all but vanished. The company core values have taken a tremendous hit since Dave Barger became CEO. Most pilots have gotten very frustrated with the many broken promises from the ELT. The company is making major mistakes when dealing with declining morale and pilots leaving for other major airlines.

Tell the truth, and tell the whole truth. Change the way you receive bonuses so that no bonuses are paid with an increase in total revenue AND an increase in the internal NPS which will force managers to become leaders.

Decent company for the young professional to start your career but don't expect to stay long

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and really fun people to work with

Cons

Inexperienced managers who only care about their own personal interest and career goals

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!