There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Nice on the outside, but rotten on the inside

Current Employee - People Department in New York, NY
Current Employee - People Department in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

(This is all my view points from the LIC Support Center) -Younger workforce - Energized environment, but this differs from dept to dept - Great architecture at HQ with a modern-esq look and feel - Most upper management are at least educated, but that comes with arrogance - People are polite and professional - Fun culture when folks are happy

Cons

VPs and higher have no clue as to what goes on with the Day 2 Day operations and therefore take the lead from their Directors and Managers. My first month there I heard so many jokes about job security, but never took anything seriously because I thought my credentials and experience will speak for themselves. Well, I was wrong. If they want someone else in the position that can be high performing (bringing their own people in), they will make sure you are setup to fail. You will slowly be phased out without even knowing and one day be called in to let you know you have been terminated with the reason there isn't enough work. Only to discover that more people were hired for the department. Lesson? Yes, don't be afraid to push boundaries because it seems those are the ones that make it. New Directors and old ones are re-hired to implement changes, but all they do is perpetuate bad actions and policies. They hardly ever do what is right for their people. Also, if you are good at sucking-up, you will get far. People are promoted into management positions not because they have the qualifications, but if the VP or Director like you and you've been there 2-5 years, you are guaranteed to get the spot regardless of anyone else being qualified on the team. For such a young company I was surprised at the lack of diversity at the HQ. Hardly any people of color in management positions and hardly any women occupying top positions. The ones that are, seem like they only got it because of EEO policies (no pun intended). I know they are smart, but form the outside it looks like a farce.

Advice to Management

You claim to live by the mission and vision, but it seems it only pertains to customers. The people working hard to support you seem to be treated like they are dispensable and irrelevant. Remember to get to the top, you still need to step up and look down. Don't let your eagerness to get to the top cloud your judgement to do the right thing and concentrate less on doing it right.

Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue

They fly by luck

Current Employee - In Flight in New York, NY
    Current Employee - In Flight in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job Free flights No overbooking Allow you to be part time if you want it.

Cons

Give pilots 10 hours rest but work Flight attendants to unsafe levels of exhaustion. 18 plus hours. Inflight crews should all be on the same duty times. Benefits are expensive Cheap uniforms VERY unorganized during weather or maintenance delays (IROP'S) Very poor middle management. Very poor pay yet expected to live in BOSTON OR NY etc. Long wait times trying to reach crew scheduling. NO UNIONS Filthy aircrafts, Tv's that are often broken. CEO never attends base meetings or I haven't seen him at one in 2 years. Offer speak up surveys but never change anything for positive. Building a hotel in MCO instead of fixing our airline.

Advice to Management

Listen and learn from your front line people. Stop making stupid decisions. Learn from the big guys. How does the FAA let you get away with some of the things you do?

Very disappointed; they don't practice what they preach.

Current Employee - Reservations/Customer Care in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Reservations/Customer Care in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They are still able to hire very good people and employees.

Cons

They don't take care and appreciate the good people they hire and the work they perform.

Advice to Management

If you preach "bringing humanity back to air travel" how about practicing bringing humanity back to employee relations.