There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Great fun place to work at!

I worked at JetBlue full-time

Pros

Flight Benefits! Opportunity to work from home. Good balance of fun activities as well as work.

Cons

Not very easy to advance.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Horrible abusive management

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First few years was a great place with pleasant work environment and great travel benefits, but after change of management and practices, not much to like about the company or working conditions anymore.

Cons

New management draconian, abusive, conniving and downright mean-spirited; just always looking for any reason to knock you, belittle you and/or hand out disciplinary action; could really blow any little thing out of proportion. Supervisors would often have you in situations where you would be 'damned if you do, damned if you don't, or you can only take choice A or B in a bad situation, and you will get yelled at/disciplined no matter which one you choose; would even at times ask you to do something and then scream at you for doing exactly what you were asked! (Of course if I didn't, I'm sure they would have been quick to charge me with insubordination!) Held to unrealistically short times to turn aircraft at gate, often without tools needed to do job properly; some staff led to compromise safety for fear of being disciplined/written up if they didn't make the turn time. Airline had horrible contingency planning, sometimes irrationally cancelling our flights when weather conditions not that bad to warrant it, and would leave some customers stranded for up to 5 or 6 days, and without the option to rebook to another airline (Rule 240 like other airlines can). Also, new reservation system full of bugs, IT very slow to fix, would constantly change procedures (for rebooking, ticket changes, etc.) without telling us, and of course, we get blamed for it.

Advice to Management

Since you brag about integrity being one of the company's values and hold us to it, maybe you should hold yourself to it in the way you treat your staff; have realistic expectations, understand we are often left in bad situations we can only do so much about, and for those supervisors who abuse their authority and treat staff badly, its time they got a taste of their own medicine.

2. Best Place to be

Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Boston, MA

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, and exciting place to work. Lots of room for growth and endless opportunities.

Cons

Get stuck with awful shifts 4 am. The attendance policy is intense. Stressful situations working at the airport.