Jet Blue losing focus

Current Employee - Ground Operations Lead in New York, NY
Current Employee - Ground Operations Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

It's a growing company and the benefits are great if you and your family likes to travel. Shift trades is also great, allows you to make adjustment to take care of personal things or attend school.

Cons

Supervisors and management only think about their personal gain within the company,and there is no togetherness within the departments. Blame Always roll down hill to save one's job.

Advice to Management

Care for your workers like you say you care for the customers. Hire quality not quantity.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great internship.

Former Employee - Summer CollegeCrew in Forest Hills, NY
    Former Employee - Summer CollegeCrew in Forest Hills, NY

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

People are very friendly, and it's a very collaborative environment. I like the emphasis on serving customers and each other. Flexible hours whenever needed. Great travel benefits too!

Cons

Recruiting process was somewhat haphazard and notification came pretty late in the school year. It can sometimes be tough to get on flights.

Advice to Management

Honestly, keep doing what you're doing. Perhaps focus a bit more attention on behind-the-scenes Crewmembers, but I really enjoyed my experience.

Ramper

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Long Beach, CA

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

flight benefits are great, get to work outside, physical work, flexible schedule, vacation and benefits even for part time employees.

Cons

early monrings, late nights, very physical labor, seniority based schedules, very "gang like" atmosphere, long hours, incompetent middle management, many senior unhappy employees.

Advice to Management

better pre-employment screening, make it easier to clean out the "dead wood" employees who have plenty of senority but dont want to work hard at all.