There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Worked for JetBlue since the Airline started...

Current Employee - Captain A320 in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Captain A320 in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The original individual that started the airline was David Neeleman who had a vision what an airline should be. Bringing back humanity to the airline industry, customer service. JetBlue was the vision of David Neeleman, who had a vision how people should be treated and tried to impart that vision to his employee's.

Cons

As the company grew, JetBlue had some growing pains which caused some operating difficulties. Since the airline had gone public on the market, it had a board of directors who did not think that the founder of JetBlue was the right person to run the airline that he founded. So, the board of directors decided to replace the creator of JetBlue. The board of directors replaced David Neeleman with Dave Barger, who has a different view of JetBlue as an airline, but the airline has continued to grow because of it's great start, but I believe most of the original employee's believe that JetBlue would have been better in the hands of it's creator...

Advice to Management

Ask the creator to come back to JetBlue...! A lot of the employee's would feel better about the future, which would probably increase productivity and make an ever better working environment which would increase customer satisfaction... When you make a mistake it's OK to ask for forgiveness...! It is surprising to see how forgiving people can be when you do the right thing...!

reviews filtered by

Discriminates Against Disabled Employees

Former Employee - Ticketing
    Former Employee - Ticketing

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At the beginning it was a new company with lots of potential, a big budget and staff freshly picked. The employees were happy and the company rewarded them well with gifts and recognition.

Cons

A few years later the company started to loose money, cut back on employee gifts/recognition eventually started eliminating jobs. Before the founder got booted out there was a lot of speculation as to which direction the company was going and why the leaders were MIA all the time. The work load at the time was busy and there weren't enough employees to cover the ticket counters or gates but we managed. On a very terrible day I was injured on the job, because of short staffing, and all the happy moments I had working for this company went down the drain. Soon enough the company's insurance refused to pay for treatment, I was sent home, was denied job modification and the management was told to make my life miserable in hopes that I would just quit. But I didn't. I took those bastards to court never giving up on the job I once thought I loved. I won my case. It still saddens me that they would treat loyal employees in such an inhumane manner but that is exactly what they did.

Advice to Management

If you don't want to get sued then you need to change your business approach on how you treat employees that get hurt on the job.

Rigid chilly environment

Former Contractor - IT Systems Manager in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - IT Systems Manager in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Organized lots of structure and process

Cons

Bad location, do not do a good job of making new employees feel welcome

Advice to Management

Allow workers to be more creative