JetBlue

www.jetblue.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Am I going to get called out even though I did not give my name in this survey?

Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

I have a great scheudle now and I travel at least a few times a month. I am an people person. I love the interaction that I have with my customers especailly the regular ones. I love meeting customer from places that I have visited, it makes the job even more fun. I have even made a few friends with some of my customers.

Cons

Mechanical cancellations and honestly this swaping shift thing. Someone worked a 24 hour period hour shift and they only got paid straight time becasue they picked up shifts for some people. That is just plain wrong. I do understand rules behind it, but there should be some exceptions. This person picks up overtime and other people'sshifts often, but never 24 hours. The people in local leadership here smiled in that crewmember's face and said wow what a great job, but when that person got their paycheck, it said just the opposite.

They already know. It is sad that you have to come to a survey like this when you can not get you own issues resolved with management. I was told to go to my values group to get the crewmember's issue resolved and they took a month to respond to my email. I was so upset, I did not even want to respond back to it.

330 Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue (View Most Recent)

Jetblue
    Jetblue: Good idea but poor planning

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Excellent fringe benefits. Ability to go where you want within the company.

Cons

Poor company cohesivness. Poor selection of supervisors/managers that have little to no clue how to run the operation.

If they place a high emphasis not just on experience but education when hiring managers it would do them a lot of good. Also they need to learn that putting someone in a management position with little to no experience and expecting them to make everyone happy is not going to happen. They need to hire managers, not go out and find people to fill the role of a manager.

It is an industry for the not faint at heart

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Industry leader in a struggling sector

Cons

Dynamic industry which has its ups and downs

More involvement/feedback from mid management

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue