There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Am I going to get called out even though I did not give my name in this survey?

Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

I have a great scheudle now and I travel at least a few times a month. I am an people person. I love the interaction that I have with my customers especailly the regular ones. I love meeting customer from places that I have visited, it makes the job even more fun. I have even made a few friends with some of my customers.

Cons

Mechanical cancellations and honestly this swaping shift thing. Someone worked a 24 hour period hour shift and they only got paid straight time becasue they picked up shifts for some people. That is just plain wrong. I do understand rules behind it, but there should be some exceptions. This person picks up overtime and other people'sshifts often, but never 24 hours. The people in local leadership here smiled in that crewmember's face and said wow what a great job, but when that person got their paycheck, it said just the opposite.

Advice to Management

They already know. It is sad that you have to come to a survey like this when you can not get you own issues resolved with management. I was told to go to my values group to get the crewmember's issue resolved and they took a month to respond to my email. I was so upset, I did not even want to respond back to it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Truly mixed feelings

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent and Their Was No Feedback Except Negative When and If IT Ever Happened in Boston, MA

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

The Benefits! The salary is relatvely better then the rest of the industry.

Cons

Unexperience management. The head training liason didnt' even know how to work any of the Microsoft programms. How are you suppose to lead and train ifyou can't make a document.

Advice to Management

How about we be on the same page. Don't say one thing to your employees and then a few months down the road say another thing. You lose major intergrity and resepect from your employees when you don't tell the truth .. Six months or a year!?

2. Jetblue
    Jetblue: Good idea but poor planning

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Excellent fringe benefits. Ability to go where you want within the company.

Cons

Poor company cohesivness. Poor selection of supervisors/managers that have little to no clue how to run the operation.

Advice to Management

If they place a high emphasis not just on experience but education when hiring managers it would do them a lot of good. Also they need to learn that putting someone in a management position with little to no experience and expecting them to make everyone happy is not going to happen. They need to hire managers, not go out and find people to fill the role of a manager.