IT Morale is Very Low

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

It used to be a great place to work. There are still some great coworkers left. The travel benefits are great.

Cons

The current IT leadership has systematically dismantled all the skill and innovation in IT that made JetBlue great. There is a clear resentment from senior IT leadership, that have little industry background themselves, toward existing crewmembers that are experienced. This has resulted in the hiring of inexperienced new managers that are favored not for their skills, but for their inability to challange any thing. Kind of like the blind leading the blind, while JetBlue suffers from all the ill conceived decisions that are no longer challanged.

Promote IT leadership from within, or based on industry experience. Enough damage has already been done to IT, but it is not too late to fix it. We want to once again be proud of working at JetBlue.

Other Reviews for JetBlue

NOT a good place to work

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

the people that reported to me always treated me with the respect that I deserved, and supporte my decisions as long as I explained to them why I made the decision.

Cons

Upper level management was clueless. They have to respect for hourly crewmembers or salaried supervisors, it's their way or the highway.

fire the entire crew services leadership team and start again. they have no idea what they are doing and are hardly ever there anyway

Good company - poor department

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

great benefits if you like to travel and the pay is pretty good. Company overall is a friendly and fun place to work in an exciting industry. Overall Leadership is good.

Cons

Morale within IT is very low. No clear strategy and assumption that everything will be outsourced in the future. No career progression

The comapny has it's values, it would be good if they were followed in IT

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!