There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Great place to work if a decent salary is not important

Current Employee - IT Project Manager
Current Employee - IT Project Manager

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

The flight benefits are among the best in the industry. The salaries tend to be below market, but the work life balance is good.

Cons

Working in Forest Hills, Queens is the worst location I have ever worked in. There isn't even a decent place to eat lunch. The senior management is indiferent, and is mostly interested in advancing their own career instaed of supporting their team,

Let's support the crewmembers who are working hard, instaed of creating roadblocks, specially in IT.

288 Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue (View Most Recent)

JetBlue creates loyal crew-members by giving them encouragement, love, and a positive work environment.

Current Employee - Crew Support  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Crew Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

I work from home 75% of the time. When weather conditions become bad, we're encouraged to work from home, even if scheduled to work from the center. If the call volume is low, we are offered VTO or Voluntary Time Off, which gives us time off without pay, but the hours we would have worked count toward FMLA. We can trade all or part of our schedules with other people and do not have to have supervisor permission. I fly standby for free on jetblue, my family flies free and I am given two roundtrip buddy passes 4 times a year for friends that allow them to fly anywhere jetBlue flies for under $50 each way. Plus we get standby on around 70 other airlines for as little as $35 each direction and 75% off 2nd day and overnight shipping at FedEx.

Cons

There are very few paid holidays, only 3 a year, and because you are working from home, you do get paid less (less money going into gas or transit). Also, there can be spikes where more workers are needed and overtime is requested. This frequently occurrs on holidays since they are high transportation times. Airlines don't close on holidays so you do have to work them. We are open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Leaving people at airports stranded is not worth it. We need to plan ahead and err on the side of caution. While I agree we don't want to ground planes unless we need to, having customer sit in airports for 6 hours when it could be avoided is silly. When operations are irregular, lets get planning and move to notify customers. If the FAA says the delay will be 4 hrs, lets plan on 4.5 and have our crews reorganized to be there when we think the plane ought to be able to go.

Amazing people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Forest Hills, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Hills, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

JetBlue has the best people I have ever worked with. I am truly proud to work with all of them.

Cons

Accountability is lacking. This is something that the friendly culture has difficulty in driving.

Emphasize performance and accountability more.

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!