JetBlue

www.jetblue.com
  www.jetblue.com
There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Dave Barger, Please save JetBlue!

Current Employee - Inflight Crew member in New York, NY
Current Employee - Inflight Crew member in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Travel opportunities. Public acknowledgement as a good "cool" airline to work for. Hopefully Dave Barger will change employee morale. Dave, dont listen to mid management, ask the frontline employees!

Cons

Very poor communication between departments. No one or no department willing to accept responsibility. Extremely difficult for resolution of matters between mid management and employees. No one at mid management wants to make a decision, take action for fear of being held accountable and thus on the chopping block if someone one grade higher does not like decision. All of the "Company Values" that JetBlue claimed to be founded on are no longer existent. Employees treated as worker bees and drones, not acknowledged for work they do. Mid management too fearful of upper management and that trickles down.

Go back to your values. Get rid of most mid management supervisers, etc... Make sure mid management even know what the "values" are and practice them. JetBlue use to be a great place to work. Try to get back to that.

309 Other Employee Reviews for JetBlue (View Most Recent)

Great place to work if a decent salary is not important

Current Employee - IT Project Manager
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

The flight benefits are among the best in the industry. The salaries tend to be below market, but the work life balance is good.

Cons

Working in Forest Hills, Queens is the worst location I have ever worked in. There isn't even a decent place to eat lunch. The senior management is indiferent, and is mostly interested in advancing their own career instaed of supporting their team,

Let's support the crewmembers who are working hard, instaed of creating roadblocks, specially in IT.

JetBlue creates loyal crew-members by giving them encouragement, love, and a positive work environment.

Current Employee - Crew Support in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Crew Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

I work from home 75% of the time. When weather conditions become bad, we're encouraged to work from home, even if scheduled to work from the center. If the call volume is low, we are offered VTO or Voluntary Time Off, which gives us time off without pay, but the hours we would have worked count toward FMLA. We can trade all or part of our schedules with other people and do not have to have supervisor permission. I fly standby for free on jetblue, my family flies free and I am given two roundtrip buddy passes 4 times a year for friends that allow them to fly anywhere jetBlue flies for under $50 each way. Plus we get standby on around 70 other airlines for as little as $35 each direction and 75% off 2nd day and overnight shipping at FedEx.

Cons

There are very few paid holidays, only 3 a year, and because you are working from home, you do get paid less (less money going into gas or transit). Also, there can be spikes where more workers are needed and overtime is requested. This frequently occurrs on holidays since they are high transportation times. Airlines don't close on holidays so you do have to work them. We are open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Leaving people at airports stranded is not worth it. We need to plan ahead and err on the side of caution. While I agree we don't want to ground planes unless we need to, having customer sit in airports for 6 hours when it could be avoided is silly. When operations are irregular, lets get planning and move to notify customers. If the FAA says the delay will be 4 hrs, lets plan on 4.5 and have our crews reorganized to be there when we think the plane ought to be able to go.

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue