There are newer employer reviews for Jewel-Osco

Policies keep changing, worse everytime. SUPERVALU SUCKS.

Current Employee - Part Time Service Clerk
Current Employee - Part Time Service Clerk

I have been working at Jewel-Osco part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

get to meet some co-workers, some customers are nice especially at night time.

Cons

Half of paycheck going to union that doesn't do anything. It's like this for months, then it's like 8 dollars, but still, when they give you the bare minimum of 12 hours a week, you have to pay even more to the union. Cranky old people that get mad if you bag more than 2 things in one bag.

reviews filtered by
  1. Internship experience

Former Intern - Business Internship in Itasca, IL
    Former Intern - Business Internship in Itasca, IL

I worked at Jewel-Osco as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid opportunity for the summer.

Cons

Unorganized program and left one unfulfilled. Glorified manual labor for 10$ an hour.

Advice to Management

Call the internship as it is- This is not a business internship, it is a management training program for college students.

2. Amazing to work with different types of people from different ethical backgrounds.

Former Employee - Front End Service Clerk/Cashier in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Front End Service Clerk/Cashier in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jewel-Osco part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting paid weekly which is every Thursday, but if there is a national holiday during the week. Be expecting a pay on Friday. It is still a weekly cash flow. The 15% discount only on Jewel-Items which includes all of the produce, bakery and chef's kitchen items.

Cons

The raises there are horrible. When I first started working there, I was told that all employees are required a 15 cents raise every six months. Which I thought was decent for a junior in high school. After all this was not true. I was given a 10 cents raise every year and having to deal with management was horrible. Your job title isn't necessarily yours. If they don't have someone on there on the schedule in maintenance and you are there as a cashier. The manager expects you to the job with no experience in that department.

Advice to Management

If you don't like a person while you're at work is not always good to bring your outside feelings into a "professional" environment, because after all that is not professional at all.