There are newer employer reviews for Jewson

dont even think bout coming to jewson

Current Employee - Hgv Driver
Current Employee - Hgv Driver

I have been working at Jewson

Pros

absolutly none, treated like dirt, poorly paid expected to work overtime for nothing and then they bring in new drivers with no experience and pay them more money . the only good thing about jewson is the day you leave and join the real job market paying proper wages. too many cheifs with expense accounts and company cars that dont directly profit the company and who seem to have the sole task of keeping theirselves in a cushy little job doing nothing and im sorry i have read your guidlines but their is absolutly nothing good i can think of to recommend this lot.

Cons

read the above. they pay rubbish wages they took away the bonus they took away our overtime pay but kept the extra work.

try raising the moral of your staff. get the yard boys off minimum wage. pay your drivers a decent wage and bring back some inncentive. the frequently quoted phrase if you dont like it you know where the door is .. is not the way to go as thats what all the best staff do.. walk out to decent jobs and your left with the dross

13 Other Employee Reviews for Jewson (View Most Recent)

Superb company to work for.

Current Employee - Trade Counter Sales Assistant in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trade Counter Sales Assistant in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Jewson full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A mix of people who all get along.

Cons

The company is short staffed.

Employ more people.

No suport, no tools to hire, untrained, unfocused staff.

Current Employee - Tool Hire Supervisor in Guildford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Tool Hire Supervisor in Guildford, England (UK)

I have been working at Jewson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opurtunity to buy into saint gobain shares, achieving bonus is possible if you box clever.

Cons

As a supervisor you are employed by tool hire, you are bonused by toolhire, your driver is employed by the branch and receives merchant bonus, so he profits from their gain, you will be over riden by your manager constantly.

A stand alone tool hire company would not take damaged equipment on the chin, we bill customers for damages! When a customer damages equipment and refuses to pay for it with the threat of not buying materials from you if we charge them, you are removing our means to income, too many branch manigers veto damage charges in favour of merchant spend.

There are newer employer reviews for Jewson