Jiffy Lube. Not very nice to new exployees

Former Employee - Pit Tech in Algonquin, IL
Former Employee - Pit Tech in Algonquin, IL

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn everything you can do for preventative maintenance.

Cons

You have to work multiple positions that are not listed in the handbook.

Advice to Management

Give your coworkers some slack. There is a given time that a vehicle should be finished.. but rushed work leads to mistakes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A good experience

Former Employee - Upper Bay Technician/Courtesy Tech in Vacaville, CA
    Former Employee - Upper Bay Technician/Courtesy Tech in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy work. Wipe windows, vacuum carpets, add or remove fluids. Sometimes you get swamped with cars, but that just makes the day go by faster. Co-workers are usually pretty cool, and the couple of days training (I was at the Sacramento training center) was really easy.

Cons

Lack of hours were a problem at my store (Vacaville). The manager was the real reason I left the company, though. He was running the store into the ground, until he was ultimately fired. If I had experienced a better manager, I probably would've stayed with them.

Advice to Management

The current manager at the Vacaville branch is an awesome guy, he really knows how to do his job. The old manager, however, should have helped with the store. Don't screw up the business, then try to put all the pressure on your employees.

I wouldnt work here OR get my car serviced here

Former Employee - Courtesy Technician in Lees Summit, MO
    Former Employee - Courtesy Technician in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I dunno what "pros" THIS place would have...

Cons

I worked here at 18 back in 2001 and i was only there for 4 months, and I must say this had to be one of THE MOST childish jobs ive ever worked at. All my coworkers were very ignorant and most of them were still in high school. They treated ME like I was a total idiot who couldnt do ANYTHING right and I was getting yelled at every minute. I went to work at JL just to get away from walmart and these people were no better, in fact they were worse! I only worked here to get more auto experience and the only thing they ever really let me do is courtesies, like airing up tires, vacuuming out the cars and cleaning off windows. I never did get to change oil there. I eventually quit that job cause I got deathly sick of how I was being treated. I just thought; "If the only thing I have to look forward to by coming to work everyday is getting chewed out every minute for small stuff then Im just gonna seek life elsewhere cause a job that pays this little is not worth it." This company is notorious for screwing people out of their money anyway. I only put 2008 as my last year of employment there cause 2002 wasnt an option.

Advice to Management

Why give them any advice when their not gonna listen anyway?