Jiffy Lube

www.jiffylube.com
  www.jiffylube.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jiffy Lube

Under Paid, And inconsistent.

Current Employee - Lube Tech in Cleveland, TX
Current Employee - Lube Tech in Cleveland, TX

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free oil changes every 3 months after probationary period, and 50% off services at any other time.
Somewhat lenient on scheduling.

Cons

Low pay for longer employed persons, inconsistency in the scheduling, and order of bay calls, or inconsistent practice of procedures.

If you are going to have a series of procedures, follow them EVERY time ALL the time. Same with the bay calls, dont get on my ass about how im doing something if im following your example, remember IM the new employee. If you hire someone as full time, Meet the criteria for it. Take care of your senior employed as they are the ones in the shop who move and work the most fluent and keep business and traffic flowing in and out. Otherwise dont be surprised or butthurt when the walk out quit leaving you in a 2 way or possible 1 way, They CAN find a much higher paying position doing what they do now.

135 Other Employee Reviews for Jiffy Lube (View Most Recent)

A good experience

Former Employee - Upper Bay Technician/Courtesy Tech in Vacaville, CA
    Former Employee - Upper Bay Technician/Courtesy Tech in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy work. Wipe windows, vacuum carpets, add or remove fluids. Sometimes you get swamped with cars, but that just makes the day go by faster. Co-workers are usually pretty cool, and the couple of days training (I was at the Sacramento training center) was really easy.

Cons

Lack of hours were a problem at my store (Vacaville). The manager was the real reason I left the company, though. He was running the store into the ground, until he was ultimately fired. If I had experienced a better manager, I probably would've stayed with them.

The current manager at the Vacaville branch is an awesome guy, he really knows how to do his job. The old manager, however, should have helped with the store. Don't screw up the business, then try to put all the pressure on your employees.

Jiffy Lube. Not very nice to new exployees

Former Employee - Pit Tech in Algonquin, IL
    Former Employee - Pit Tech in Algonquin, IL

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You learn everything you can do for preventative maintenance.

Cons

You have to work multiple positions that are not listed in the handbook.

Give your coworkers some slack. There is a given time that a vehicle should be finished.. but rushed work leads to mistakes.

There are newer employer reviews for Jiffy Lube