Jiffy Lube

www.jiffylube.com
  www.jiffylube.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jiffy Lube

FL roberts jiffy lube takes good care of their employees

Former Employee - Assistant Manager' in Westfield, MA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager' in Westfield, MA

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company appreciation and recognition, almost like a second family

Cons

pay is not very high

higher older people

136 Other Employee Reviews for Jiffy Lube (View Most Recent)

Good place to start if you want to work on cars, but working conditions were rough.

Former Employee - Inspector in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Inspector in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*They'll hire you with no experience and teach you the basics of car maintenance.
    *They were willing to hire a woman in a male-dominated industry

Cons

I worked at a Jiffy Lube in Texas, where the heat and humidity were sweltering nine months of the year. There was no air conditioning, and the requirement was the wear stifling, heavy, dark uniforms. At the two locations I worked at, breaks didn't happen period. Lunches only happened on the rare occasion that things got really dead, and then it wasn't because you deserved a break, it was because they wanted to keep labor costs down. I was the lone female in a male-run establishment. While my coworkers soon learned to appreciate me, my skills, and my work ethic, I often had customers who said rude things to me for being a woman, or who flat out refused to have a woman work on their car. On these occasions, I was never defended by management or any of my coworkers- not even to point at that I was the most experienced technician there under the managers.

Give your employees breaks. This is a physically strenuous job, and work performance will improve if people get a chance to take a breath for a few minutes and get a drink of water. Lunches should be mandatory when shifts are over five hours. If you're lucky enough to have a woman work for you (and yes, you would be lucky- do you know how many extra female customers that brings?) treat them equally and don't tolerate bigotry.

Under Paid, And inconsistent.

Current Employee - Lube Tech in Cleveland, TX
    Current Employee - Lube Tech in Cleveland, TX

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free oil changes every 3 months after probationary period, and 50% off services at any other time.
    Somewhat lenient on scheduling.

Cons

Low pay for longer employed persons, inconsistency in the scheduling, and order of bay calls, or inconsistent practice of procedures.

If you are going to have a series of procedures, follow them EVERY time ALL the time. Same with the bay calls, dont get on my ass about how im doing something if im following your example, remember IM the new employee. If you hire someone as full time, Meet the criteria for it. Take care of your senior employed as they are the ones in the shop who move and work the most fluent and keep business and traffic flowing in and out. Otherwise dont be surprised or butthurt when the walk out quit leaving you in a 2 way or possible 1 way, They CAN find a much higher paying position doing what they do now.

There are newer employer reviews for Jiffy Lube