There are newer employer reviews for Jiffy Lube

It is a way to try and pay the bills

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not hard to learn and be trained. You will learn a few things about cars. There will be an opportunity to learn sales.

Cons

Very low pay. Not a lot of room for growth. Jiffy lube has a negative culture. Lots of negative reinforcement.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Jiffy Lube (View Most Recent)

technician

Current Employee - Technician  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is fast paced, you work outside, it is simple work/ tasks, they provide good training when done right, and it is a great place to start to understand the automotive field.

Cons

The pay is not all that great, you work outside, sometimes the pace is overwhelming, many times customers are rude to us (ex: even though this is only our job and there is nothing we can do to make their vehicle drain oil any faster), quality of tools and the overall shop is not taken care of that well.

Care. learn to care. this is a people business. we are not robots. things happen. we cannot perform the job with the wrong tools. when all is said and done, just learn to care.

Long hours, no breaks, and low pay

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Pros

Better than no job... that's about it. They will hire even if you have little to no experience, but will that against you to prevent promotions or raises.

Cons

Work in 100 degree temperatures for 12 hours a day and sometimes no breaks. Constantly pushed to work faster and talked down to. If you are in sale they press you to sell even if they are unnecessary. They will guilt you about anything you ask for like a day off, break, go home at your scheduled time and not stay an extra 2 hour, and fix your hours worked because they some how reduced. Jiffy Lube starts wages low for "training" but won't give you a raise and promise you bonuses which don't actually exist for 99% of the employees. Don't make the same mistake I did by taking this job.

Update your resume and move on like I plan to.

There are newer employer reviews for Jiffy Lube

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!