There are newer employer reviews for Jiffy Lube

If you have a family and want to see them...DO NOT WORK HERE!

Former Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They teach you how to do general maintenance on cars, well kinda. A lot of the stuff you may do ie., transmission flush, radiator flush, etc is not really teaching you anything other than how to use their machine that does it for you.

Cons

I could list con's all night long, but I will try to keep it short. I was hired on as a FTM (Fast Track Manager). It is supposed to be a 3 month training program. This is what really happens: From day one you quickly learn that you will be working open to close everyday 6:30am-8:30pm. You may or may not get a day off since they like to schedule any special training on those days. You do not actually get training as you should, instead the Manager of the store they throw you in uses and abuses you as free labor to their store. You quickly see that none of the Jiffy Lube Managers or employees are honest and they do not do hold true to any policies as they should. When the nightmare of training is over they threw me in the most run down store possible and walked off. I was more than shorthanded and didn't know how to do any of the office stuff (ie, paperwork, ordering, claims, etc) and there is a ton. As a Manager you can plan on working open to close everyday with no lunch or break. It is extremely hot in the summer and there is no a/c in the bay. It is very cold in the winter and only one small space heater in an open bay. They will work you to death. They recently rolled out brakes and tires, but with so little training most guys have no idea what they are doing when they touch a car. One guy was telling every customer they needed new rotors since he didn't know how to turn them. This is the only job I have ever had where I was hired on as a Manager and they treated me like trash and could have cared less about me....from day one. Did I mention that they are constantly sending texts and emails all day long reminding you how if you don't hit your sales goals you wont last long. I will say that I think Jiffy Lube the company is a good company, but out here in Texas it is actually Heartland Automotive using the Jiffy Lube name. Heartland Automotive is a heartless company.

Advice to Management

Advice: Make sure that your FTM's are being trained instead of abused. Also, realize that people have lives outside of Jiffy Lube... 55-90 hours a week is too much. Your managers need time to breath and recuperate.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fast paced customer service focused.
    Great employer, cared about workers

Former Employee - Store Manager in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Franchise took care on managers with good bonuses and pay.

Cons

Very fast paced, hard to find good employees.

Advice to Management

Make sure you give new managers full training and support!

2. starting position

Former Employee - Lube Tech in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Lube Tech in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Jiffy Lube part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours pay was ok no benefits work all the time great place to start but prob would not stay if i was not management

Cons

worked in the pit dirty smelly and greasy but all part of moving up the ladder i worked there 1985