There are newer employer reviews for Jiffy Lube

If you have a family and want to see them...DO NOT WORK HERE!

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

They teach you how to do general maintenance on cars, well kinda. A lot of the stuff you may do ie., transmission flush, radiator flush, etc is not really teaching you anything other than how to use their machine that does it for you.

Cons

I could list con's all night long, but I will try to keep it short. I was hired on as a FTM (Fast Track Manager). It is supposed to be a 3 month training program. This is what really happens: From day one you quickly learn that you will be working open to close everyday 6:30am-8:30pm. You may or may not get a day off since they like to schedule any special training on those days. You do not actually get training as you should, instead the Manager of the store they throw you in uses and abuses you as free labor to their store. You quickly see that none of the Jiffy Lube Managers or employees are honest and they do not do hold true to any policies as they should. When the nightmare of training is over they threw me in the most run down store possible and walked off. I was more than shorthanded and didn't know how to do any of the office stuff (ie, paperwork, ordering, claims, etc) and there is a ton. As a Manager you can plan on working open to close everyday with no lunch or break. It is extremely hot in the summer and there is no a/c in the bay. It is very cold in the winter and only one small space heater in an open bay. They will work you to death. They recently rolled out brakes and tires, but with so little training most guys have no idea what they are doing when they touch a car. One guy was telling every customer they needed new rotors since he didn't know how to turn them. This is the only job I have ever had where I was hired on as a Manager and they treated me like trash and could have cared less about me....from day one. Did I mention that they are constantly sending texts and emails all day long reminding you how if you don't hit your sales goals you wont last long. I will say that I think Jiffy Lube the company is a good company, but out here in Texas it is actually Heartland Automotive using the Jiffy Lube name. Heartland Automotive is a heartless company.

Advice: Make sure that your FTM's are being trained instead of abused. Also, realize that people have lives outside of Jiffy Lube... 55-90 hours a week is too much. Your managers need time to breath and recuperate.

122 Other Employee Reviews for Jiffy Lube (View Most Recent)

Lube Tech

Current Employee - Lube Tech  in  Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Lube Tech in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Jiffy Lube part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

they are willing to train you and have a flexiable schedule

Cons

the promotion rate is slow

a very good place to work want to get into automotive service advisor

Current Employee - Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

learned a lot about the auto industry.Able to run store at all times.

Cons

wish the company would pay more for labor and give the managers some time off.

managers in this company work 55-70 hours a week.We would like to get better pay or more bonuses!

There are newer employer reviews for Jiffy Lube

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!