Jiffy Lube
www.jiffylube.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you have a family and want to see them...DO NOT WORK HERE!

General Manager (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

ProsThey teach you how to do general maintenance on cars, well kinda. A lot of the stuff you may do ie., transmission flush, radiator flush, etc is not really teaching you anything other than how to use their machine that does it for you.

ConsI could list con's all night long, but I will try to keep it short. I was hired on as a FTM (Fast Track Manager). It is supposed to be a 3 month training program. This is what really happens: From day one you quickly learn that you will be working open to close everyday 6:30am-8:30pm. You may or may not get a day off since they like to schedule any special training on those days. You do not actually get training as you should, instead the Manager of the store they throw you in uses and abuses you as free labor to their store. You quickly see that none of the Jiffy Lube Managers or employees are honest and they do not do hold true to any policies as they should. When the nightmare of training is over they threw me in the most run down store possible and walked off. I was more than shorthanded and didn't know how to do any of the office stuff (ie, paperwork, ordering, claims, etc) and there is a ton. As a Manager you can plan on working open to close everyday with no lunch or break. It is extremely hot in the summer and there is no a/c in the bay. It is very cold in the winter and only one small space heater in an open bay. They will work you to death. They recently rolled out brakes and tires, but with so little training most guys have no idea what they are doing when they touch a car. One guy was telling every customer they needed new rotors since he didn't know how to turn them. This is the only job I have ever had where I was hired on as a Manager and they treated me like trash and could have cared less about me....from day one. Did I mention that they are constantly sending texts and emails all day long reminding you how if you don't hit your sales goals you wont last long. I will say that I think Jiffy Lube the company is a good company, but out here in Texas it is actually Heartland Automotive using the Jiffy Lube name. Heartland Automotive is a heartless company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice: Make sure that your FTM's are being trained instead of abused. Also, realize that people have lives outside of Jiffy Lube... 55-90 hours a week is too much. Your managers need time to breath and recuperate.

Jiffy lube sucks

I have been working at Jiffy Lube

Pros: None at all the suck Cons: Everything else the pay scale sucks and they treat there… Advice to Senior Management: Clean house starting with the CEO More

Lube Tech

Lube Tech (Current Employee)
Columbia, MO

I have been working at Jiffy Lube part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: they are willing to train you and have a flexiable… Cons: the promotion rate is slow Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Jiffy Lube.

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jiffy Lube reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jiffy Lube CEO Rick Altizer. All reviews posted anonymously by Jiffy Lube employees.