There are newer employer reviews for Jive Software

Paddling as hard as I can

Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Jive Software

Pros

Company Product: #1 in the market (as ranked by any metric) analysts, customers, adoption levels, etc.. the company is well funded, well managed, and well positioned.
Climate: wonderful offices in Palo Alto, 100 places to eat
Culture: the smartest, friendliest people I've ever worked with my career
Jive uses it's own product
Compensation:

Cons

It can consume your life. There is always something more to do. Can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Create (or acquire) better time/project management tools/processes.
Make meetings 30 mins (not 60)
Get in the press more... and do a better job telling how crappy everyone else is compared to Jive!
Hire 'Success Managers' people who do nothing but enjoy helping customers succeed post sale.
Sales reps cannot do this.. and go back out to hunt.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best work of my career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software

Pros

Jive Software is a company where the product being sold is also the philosophy being preached. This is a open company where everyone has a say.

Cons

I have heard that the pay isn't as good as some, but options make up for some of that. It's been a startup, and is entering it's teenage phase. There have been some changes that appear a bit corporate considering the anti-establishment types who keep this place afloat.

Advice to Management

Jive just went public. Don't go a changin'! Clearly there needs to be an amount of caste style knowledge transfer for legal reasons, but please keep up the way that Jive breaks through departmental and hierarchical silos.

Great atmosphere and wonderful people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Jive Software

Pros

The people working at Jive are seriously top notch. This company attracts some great talent and puts some technology heavy hitters in the right places. The leaders are knowledgeable about how to drive the business to the front of the market and stay there. The various teams are great to work with and very open with their knowledge sharing and communication. This company walks their talk.

Cons

Given the current state of the business, depending on department,it can be difficult to move anywhere but laterally within the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep an eye on employee retention as you drive towards your IPO goals and a post-IPO future. If people are truly the greatest asset, spend money in a way that reflects this belief.