Jive Software

There are newer employer reviews for Jive Software

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Professional Services Engineer in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Professional Services Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best part about Jive is the people I work with - they are smart and fun, the type of people that make work enjoyable. The company as a whole does a better than average job at seeming to care about employees and being transparent about internal processes. The compensation and benefits are good, too.

Cons

If you have any problem with alcohol, this company is not for you. It is an integral part of the company culture, and in some offices/departments it's taken to almost an excessive level.

111 Other Employee Reviews for Jive Software (View Most Recent)

Start-up atmosphere - Fun work environment

Former Employee - Software Support Engineer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Software Support Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Jive Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work with a lot of activities for employees (game room, ping pong, etc). They took good care of their employees in terms of benefits and pay. A lot of smart individuals at the company.

Cons

Advancement required seniority in terms of experience at the company at times, instead of based on the quality of work.

Great Place to Work as an Intern

Current Intern - Social Media Intern in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Intern - Social Media Intern in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Jive Software as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I am very lucky to have landed an internship at Jive for many reasons, but there's one reason in particular that outshines the rest: I feel important. It's easy for employers to throw their interns into the same old getting-coffee-and-filing-documents rut, but that simply has never happened to me here. Each of my projects is assigned to me with a purpose, and I can see tangible results upon my completion of these projects.

The other interns are fantastic. There are about eight of us in the Palo Alto office, and it's awesome hanging out with a group of people your age during lunch breaks or after work. Although the interns came into the office sporadically due to varying school schedules, we've all bonded quite well. Based solely on the impressive skill set and brightness each intern possesses, it's Jive's university program is a clear success.

There are also a few logistical reasons why I love Jive.
    - The absurdly close proximity to downtown Palo Alto is to die for. My only complaint is that it makes choosing where to go for lunch far too difficult.
    - My 9-5 hours are perfect: I have time to run before work, and I still feel like I have a day ahead of me when I leave.
    - I get paid well for an intern.
    - Working in the tech world is an incredible experience as-is, but doing so in the eye of the technology storm is really something else.
    - Company culture is fantastic: there's a sense of laid-back intensity that keeps employees on their toes yet simultaneously excited about coming to work every day. Plus the beer that's on tap on every floor seems to keep the 21+ crowd happy.

Cons

My only real criticism about interning here is in regard to the feeling of disconnect between departments. Although Jive prides itself as a social software company, I barely know anyone who works just across the floor from me. I realize that there's a large number of employees working in the Palo Alto office, but I feel like I could have really benefitted from knowing people in other departments as an intern. Learning about how others work is part of the experience and I feel like there is room for improvement. Also, it was easy to feel disconnected with the other interns since they came into the office at different times over the course of the summer. Perhaps they can be grouped together in shifts?

- More exposure to other departments
    - Organized intern bonding activities after each new one comes in

Thank you Jive for giving me such a fantastic summer intern experience!

There are newer employer reviews for Jive Software