There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

No respect for employees, pay is terrible

Current Employee - Department Manager in Marietta, GA
Current Employee - Department Manager in Marietta, GA

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

*Become knowledgeable in fine mens clothing *Decent benefits

Cons

Well, where do I start? Company refuses to give raises, No matter how good of an employee you are, they tell you to sell more and expect you to turn a profit when the sales make it impossible to do so. Commission rate should be changed for buy one get two sales. 12 hour mandatory shifts during the holidays. We are threatened when a single complaint is made, then threatened when we do what we need to do to avoid a customer complaint. Everything we do is seen as lose/lose by corporate. Because of the platinum service standard, we are forced to return worn and soiled clothing, then lose our bonus because those items need to be damaged out. People were fired for not coming into work when the roads were closed due to severe weather conditions...I can go on and on.....

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like real people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Disheartening

Current Employee - Information Technology Department in Hampstead, MD
    Current Employee - Information Technology Department in Hampstead, MD

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

Career development/training, no timeclock, discount, company cellphone, comfortable environment, company credit card, flex PTO, new technology, growing company, guaranteed paycheck

Cons

Poor structure, management disconnect, HIGH turnover, IT management is a puppet show, EVP fear and intimidation management style, not proactive

Advice to Management

The CTO is ineffective and doesn't understand what strategic, tactical and operational leadership are. EVP shouldn't be overseeing IT - not involved enough.

2. It's a joy working with clients looking for upscale men's apparel for work and important life events.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Hingham, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Hingham, MA

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

Great product and respectable income earning potential.

Cons

Floating holidays are not family holidays. Holiday hours are long and brutal. More often than not we are understaffed.