There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

No respect for employees, pay is terrible

Current Employee - Department Manager in Marietta, GA
Current Employee - Department Manager in Marietta, GA

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

*Become knowledgeable in fine mens clothing
*Decent benefits

Cons

Well, where do I start? Company refuses to give raises, No matter how good of an employee you are, they tell you to sell more and expect you to turn a profit when the sales make it impossible to do so. Commission rate should be changed for buy one get two sales. 12 hour mandatory shifts during the holidays. We are threatened when a single complaint is made, then threatened when we do what we need to do to avoid a customer complaint. Everything we do is seen as lose/lose by corporate. Because of the platinum service standard, we are forced to return worn and soiled clothing, then lose our bonus because those items need to be damaged out. People were fired for not coming into work when the roads were closed due to severe weather conditions...I can go on and on.....

Treat your employees like real people.

reviews filtered by

Disheartening

Current Employee - Information Technology Department in Hampstead, MD
    Current Employee - Information Technology Department in Hampstead, MD

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

Career development/training, no timeclock, discount, company cellphone, comfortable environment, company credit card, flex PTO, new technology, growing company, guaranteed paycheck

Cons

Poor structure, management disconnect, HIGH turnover, IT management is a puppet show, EVP fear and intimidation management style, not proactive

The CTO is ineffective and doesn't understand what strategic, tactical and operational leadership are. EVP shouldn't be overseeing IT - not involved enough.

Because of the wonderful supportive staff, I had a wonderful experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pearland, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pearland, TX

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

If you commit to provide your best work ethic, you will be recognized by the store manager for great performance and acknowledge to the district manager as well.

Cons

The downside is the competitiveness among the staff to assisting customers so they can earn commission. When it comes to how much commission was earned at the end of the day, employees begin to complain that other employees are stealing customers away from themm.

I highly suggest that a more organized system in regulating the employee-to-customer ratio. Ideally, it would best to have all the employees have equal number of customers to help but obviously some employees are better salespersons than others and having them have more customers make sense from a company's profit perspective. I just think some sort of measure should be introduced to minimize the employee confrontations in stealing customers away as their reason for not receiving enough commission.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank