JoS. A. Bank

www.josbank.com
  www.josbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Not a bad summer job for students, but would never work here full-time.

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent hours, nice customers, easy product to sell, decent money on high-traffic holidays such as Christmas or near Father's Day.

Cons

Antiquated commission system, constant promotions make commission harder to achieve in low-traffic stores, employee discount worse than that offered to customers, upper management unresponsive to employee concerns.

Give your employees the respect they deserve since they are crucial to your business succeeding.

377 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

Not bad

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Higher ups get benefits and decent compensation
    - The better you are, the more money you make

Cons

- Low base pay
    - Poor discounts
    - Many menial task requirements

Bump up base wage and give better employee discounts for new hires.

I have had enough of Neal Black's poorly operated embarrassment of a company! A disaster!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have a few good people that have worked with me in the past. Free tailoring. Learn how to fold shirts awesome. Stare out the window watching beautiful women walk by.

Cons

I will start off with the customer service department. Neal Black needs to have this whole department re-organized and much more efficient to both employee and customer. Only a few customer service agents run the entire 550+ store company help/complaint line. It's a pain.
      Secondly, the catalog department needs to re-construct their online shopping experience ie: (update their merchandise, upload accurate photos, and stop charging customers for shipping to store locations). Also, stop stealing money from the people who pay for 2nd day air and don't get their items until the next week.
      While I'm on the subject of stealing money...Neal Black needs to stop under paying employees, especially Assistant Managers. Depending on the store's volume and traffic, some assistant managers get paid considerably more than others like myself. Only 50 cents more than a sales associate who conducts far less work and hold much less responsibility?!
      Thirdly, the cold calls. Stop it already. Almost every Friday they send us a new phone list of 600 to 1300 customers that must be called in 10 days, sometimes less than 7 days. I have kept track of who actually responds to the call and maybe 1 or 2 come in the store in the next few days. I can't even remember how many times a customer has told me to stop calling and after I have sent in the "do not call" form to corporate office I still see that customer on the next phone list. This is ridiculous! And they will threaten to check the phone records to make sure they numbers add up.
      Lastly, the non-existent return policy must come to an end. When a customer brings several dress shirts wadded up in a nordstroms bag and says "I only wore them a few times" as I glance down at the soiled collars and unknown stains all over the cuffs and sleeves, I think a line should be drawn.
      I conclude by saying all these minor cons can really add up over time and drive away a good hard-working employee. Mr. Black should spend more time trying to help solve these issues instead of having his VPs and RSD's on down to store managers continue to enforce the law of performance.

Corporate management should save paper, stop faxing trees every day and train your employees better so the constant issues with our tuxedo program will dramatically decrease over time.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank