There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Good if you like wearing overpriced suits to work and getting paid minimum wage.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Sales Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at JoS. A. Bank part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Commission during significant sales that occur roughly twice a year are a good time for commission as a sales person.

Cons

Sales executives are encouraged to sell sell sell as expected in any retail job. Although the commission is not worth the effort required to sell the necessary amount to make anything significant. Also, when making thousand dollar sales and averaging 50 thousand plus in annual sales receiving little to no commission, it is easy to become disillusioned. Look elsewhere for retail jobs.

reviews filtered by

Company only concerned about the almighty dollars and not their employees.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Your colleagues are some really good people.

Cons

Work hard all year and they find reasons not to pay you your bonuses. They have some impossible initiatives in place that ensures you don't get your bonus. Then they say it's you're fault. Overall, the heads of the company are clueless.

Get in touch with why your company is a success right now. It's called your people. Otherwise you will continue to lose great employees and in the future fail.

Great Clientele, poor management!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great clientele! I really liked my schedule and position. Very professional job, I learned a lot about etiquette.

Cons

Store manager not qualified for position. Rsd stated when I was promoted that the store budget couldn't pay me anymore. A month later I accepted the same position elsewhere. Pay was more and less the responsibility. Rsd offered more pay. Offer rejected! The store manager cut my last shift. Awful decision since I was the senior associate that worked there at that time. Pay is awful as well!

Please learn how to do your job! It's not that hard. All the information is in the store operational manual above the desk!

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank