There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

A great starting point in the communications field.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Hampstead, MD
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hampstead, MD

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, some not so great (but they make themselves obvious). Training is not a one-week crash course, everyday you are learning something new about the job. ALL co-workers in the office are very willing to help with your problems.

Cons

Pay was ridiculously low, this company rakes in millions and millions every year. The only group of people that make any real money at this company are those on the corporate end. If you work in the sales department, be ready to be used in the customer service department A LOT(which pays more) with no pay compensation. I'm not even sure if that practice is legal.

If an associate has a question and needs help with what they are doing, keep the attitude to yourself. You get paid to help your associates. As for the CEO, you would see a lot more progression within your company if you weren't always giving yourself a $2mil+ bonus each year. These people work very hard for you, remember that.

353 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

Ridiculous pay rate

Current Employee - Tailor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tailor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You'll have some benefit when you work here, like they'd pay $10000 if you die at work :))

Cons

Their pay rate is ridiculously low. Any other big companies raise their employees wage $1/year. We don't even have anything for a few years. Long time ago, they raised each of their employes a few cents for each year. In the end of 2012, they sent us letters say we haven't reach our goal yet, so no raise. Funny is, few days later, they put a breaking news on the board announce the grand opening of the 600th store in New York. It doesn't make any sense to me. We work so hard, year round. They ask us to work on the holidays, even Christmas, Thanksgiving,... And we cannot say No. We work like slaves.

Instead of flying around everyday in your private jet, buy an air plane ticket, so you could save a few dollars and give it to your hardworking employees, they deserve that.

What a Joke

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a paying job.

Cons

The clothing is inferior and overpriced. Customers joke about the sales, because it is the only time they would buy. The company made good suits years ago and now they are buying cheap stuff from third world countries. Look at the labels. The Pay! What a laugh. Impossible to make quota and make commission. A dead business making all the wrong moves to stay alive. My advice, don't waste your time. I would guess McDonald's treats their employees better. Do not even go near this company.

Management only cares about numbers. Typical fax message "You must sell twice your goal today". Yes, a fax. Outdated technology. No computers or email. Find a new job. This company is dead unless major change is made!

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Worked for JoS. A. Bank? Contribute to the Community!