Bad Pay, Bad Hours, Employees Are Not Appreciated

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time

Pros

High quality merchandise. Not much else.

Cons

Commission only with a base of minimum wage or just above for a draw vs. commission. This is an ancient pay structure. It is unethical, immoral and dishonest. They demand much more than they are paying for. Upper management "acts" like they care (I was a store manager) but it's all "lip service". Employees are cattle driven to the market and without a care about being real, living individuals. This company stinks with the way they treat their employees. They didn't treat me as bad as those who I managed. I had a hard time trying to replace employees because of the pay issues. The stores I know about averaged 2-300% turnover per year.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees as much as you care about your compensation package.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Jos A Bank

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank part-time

Pros

Yes policy to accommodate the customer. Great products and great reputation.

Cons

Starting pay very low you are told you can make commission. The sales are driven by discounting the merchandise so you cannot make commission. It is set up so you are stuck with the low rate of pay.

Advice to Management

Make the pay more fair by forget the commission at least in in the smaller stores where it is impossible to make commission.

2. going down by the minute.....

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Mogadishu (Somalia)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Mogadishu (Somalia)

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be my passion, loved my customers, helping them and being appreciated by them

Cons

Horrible hours No communication between manager or regional with asst mgr Too many old school things...phone calls, no help with stock work in a big store where you try to focus on sales

Advice to Management

Communicate, help, listen to ideas and appreciate what we do for you and company