JoS. A. Bank

Opportunity is here

Current Employee - Rsd
Current Employee - Rsd

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time

Pros

Continually expanding into different markets. They promote from within. They are aggressive in the market place. They have great merchandise at affordable pricing. Always looking to expand their product line. Extensive inventory.Room for advancement.

Cons

Lack of training. Initial pay low. Benefits are expensive

Increase the compensation & give better training to the Regional level & Store Manager level to increase the potential of all employees.

375 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

Abuse their employees like many other large companies

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

They're a large company.....they're not going anywhere so you don't have to worry about them going out of business like working for a small business.

Cons

They claim to care about their employees, honor integrity & honesty. Far from the truth. Shut up & do what we tell you. No work/life balance. They assume your availability all the time, & are able to dictate their terms due to the current competetive job market.

If you want better quality products they cost more. So do better quality employees. More experienced people want higher salaries, but are well worth it especially when providing customer service, or training new employees. There are experienced menswear retailers out there. Find them, pay them, & they'll run your stores properly & increase volume.

The nice side of Retail

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Saginaw, MI

I worked at JoS. A. Bank part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Base Pay + Commission is a good perk. The people I worked with at multiple locations were very helpful and had an overall pretty good attitude about working there and working together.

Cons

It is still retail so sometimes the hours can be a little gruesome, but that's to be expected. Christmas time, Black Friday, Special promotions etc. Take that with a grain of salt though, because I was a student when I worked there.

Keep up the good work and continue to develop your sales personel. Continue to keep employees abreast of upward movement opportunities within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank