JoS. A. Bank

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Very Discouraged!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampstead, MD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampstead, MD

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sadly, there are not a whole lot of pros that I can think of. At Corporate, if you are not in management, then the dress code is pretty lenient. That is about the best thing this company has going for it.

Cons

I was with this company for a little over a year and felt as though I had worked extremely hard for this company during that time. However, I did not received any sort of pay increase. I was told when I was hired by HR that they will typically give a raise after your 60 day probation period is up. However, I was told later, once I received my review (which was very good), that they do not do that and that everyone in corporate receives their raises at the same time in April (if the company decides to give raises that year). Of course, this did not happen either once April came around. Also, there was no holiday bonus and the holiday party was a joke in my opinion. Most of the corporate staff is snooty & very cliquey (made me feel like I was back in high school again).

If you would pay your employees more then they would care a little more about the quality of their work. Then, maybe you wouldn't be losing sales so badly.

377 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

Ok

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Edmond, OK

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The option of commission is nice when it's the busy season.

Cons

Commission doesn't come very often, and minimum wage is not enough for the amount of work you have to do. (cleaning, unpacking freight, setting up displays, etc)

Higher pay for the amount of work we have to do, as well as the quality of clothes we have to wear. Not even the Assistant managers get payed enough. Starting employees get payed higher at some places than your assistant managers do.

Worst company in my work history

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at JoS. A. Bank part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only Pro I can think of is working with some nice people and meeting some nice customers.

Cons

The Company cares absolutely nothing for the employees, especially, the Sales people.
    Poor training, extremely poor pay. The base pay is the lowest I know of and the commissions are way out of date. Product quality is very questionable, especially, the Executive level.
    Having to work till 9 on Fridays and Saturdays is ridiculous. To me they are just a greedy company and will continue to be so. The quality of the sales associates and their knowledge of how to dress them selves is very low. Let alone really knowing how to help create a good look for the customer. Some of the suit looks that the sales associates put together for a customer should be an embarrassment to the sales person and the store.

Learn what it is to be a true Manager from the very top of the chain to the Store and Assistant Managers. I have seen Store and Assistant Managers, that shouldn't even work in Men's Apparel.
    Can't even dress themselves in a professional manner and put together a good outfit, let alone a customer. Have no idea what colors work together. Mostly it is just get the customer in, get something on him and get them out the door. Now to upper Management, Especially, NEAL BLACK,
    Having sent out a form for all employees to tell what they thought of the company both positive and negative and what we thought could be improved and things that we didn't like. With most of the employees sending it back with all their suggestions and thoughts, the end result of that came to no response from Mr. Black or any of the Higher Management of the company. It seems to most if not all the employees to have been a total waste to their time. I, personally, think it was just to make the employees seem to feel that they are important and to show that the company really cares about what the employees think. Well it certainly doesn't seem to those I know that are still working at JAB, that anyone in upper management cared one iota what was written, etc. Horrible leadership. Horrible follow up, Horrible management.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank