JoS. A. Bank

www.josbank.com
  www.josbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Can be great if you work hard and have a good store.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked in 2 store in the same region (relocation). The first store was great. Kept by a female manager who managed to run the store and keep it staffed with college students. The store was probably running at an 8/10 on a cleanliness scale, with there being highs and lows at particular times of the years and sales. There was a little store tension, but that can easily be chalked up to being college kids being college kids in a competitive job. Overall I made about $10 an hour part time after commission ($7.50 base).

Make sure you are coming in to a clean, friendly store like this one. It will server you well to know how a customer is usually treated.

Cons

Worked in 2 store in the same region (relocation). The second store is absolutely terrible. Kept by an older, tenured, male manager who managed to run the store and keep it staffed with locals only. The store is running at about an 4/10 on a cleanliness scale; I am currently working with the RVP to better the store, but it is VERY hard to fix this store (The manager once said to me that the store associates 'Are not to clean on the weekends, that is selling time' - if we were in a store that had a cleaning associate or a shipper/receiver, I would somewhat understand). The store is very friendly between associates, but other associates have expressed an outright hatred of our clientele. Overall I made about $9.50 an hour full time after commission ($8.00 base).

Make sure you are coming in to a clean, friendly store. Had I know this store and it's values I would have started looking for a new career sooner.

Don't let the wrong type of managers and associates hang around. This is a customer service business, not a car lot.

375 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

OK but low pay for today.

Current Employee - Sales Support in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Chicago, IL

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are not in sales the working schedule is good.

Cons

Low pay for current economic conditions.

It is 2013, pay accordingly.

Mixed bag. Good in many ways, but pay is low for responsibilities.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Tyler, TX

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great discount on quality merchandise. It is rewarding to sell quality and value to customers.

Cons

Brutal hours and difficult to get quality employees because of low income available when working for commission in low volume store.

Change pay structure for low column stores and forget extended hours in small markets.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank