JoS. A. Bank

www.josbank.com
  www.josbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Easy store to manage if you can cope with normal retail hours

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Comfortable work atmosphere, OK manager salaries

Cons

Very poor pay for sales associates, hard to keep people. Ridiculous holiday hours for men's clothing store, opening at 6 and 7am during December?

378 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

negative

Former Employee - Key Holder in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Clearwater, FL

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

none unless your a man then you can get discount clothing

Cons

you did not ever make commission and the hiring manager lied about this

don't be so cheap, they expect way too much from employees who barley get more than min wage.

Weird Experience

I worked at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

My working there consisted of a walkthrough that lasted two hours. It was the weirdest experience I have ever had, and upon leaving the store I was quite agitated. On one particular afternoon I was with my cousin to help him pick a suit for his high school dance. I work at a friendly, eloquent, upscale clothier which I love and upon my arrival I was recruited by the store manager. The staff saw me measure my cousin out in the parking lot. I have my measuring tape in my car. We went in and suddenly bombarded with Sales Professionals who attempted to want our attention. I asked where the suits in a 42L and pant size 32L were. The woman showed me; however, first she wanted to measure him. I told him that I did that outside, and we want to see the suits. She took me over and began her normal selling skills. My cousin became agitated and perhaps a little overwhelmed. He politely told her to leave us alone so that he and I could look. She came back moments later with the store manager. She asked about my work experience, and I told her my experience in working at a men's clothier. She tried to recruit me, and I declined. I love my job and my clients. If I left my store I would be semi grief stricken. She asked to set me up with a walkthrough. I declined again. She kept selling me the idea that the company was the best suit company on the market. They were the most well known and most sought after suit company in the world she kept saying. My cousin whispered for me to do the walkthrough to get her off our backs. I scheduled the walkthrough, which I never wanted to do in the first place, on my day off.
    That day I did not want to go, and I put my phone on silence and ignored the calls. She called me twice, and while I was getting ready my phone was in the other room. My roommate picked up and gave me the phone. The manager asked if I was still coming. I caved in and said yes. I arrived in a button up shirt and chinos. She wanted my email and sent something to it. It was an application. I told her again that I was not interested in employment. She stated that all walkthroughs must fill out the application. She then showed me the store. She told me about the suits that hanged on the walls, the services offered, etc. She said some nights the staff is here until 11pm straightening the store. My company's policy is called a Home-Life Rule thus meaning that employees and managers have to be out of the store by 9.30pm, no exceptions. That was an immediate turn off. She took me upstairs and sat me near a television. She said that the walkthrough would be complete upon my watching the video. It was already reaching a hour and a half. I was told that it would take no longer than forty-five minutes. I watched it and afterwards I notified her of my departure. She then went over the pay structure. I became mad and told her again about my not leaving the company. I thanked her for the experience and began leaving. She said that I was working until 10.00 that night. I became quite upset. I walked out before she could say anything else. I had never been so irritated in my entire life.

Cons

The recruiting process needs to be a little better. If you want to recruit that is fine, but do not provide empty promises for an applicant. I never wanted to work there, and she should have listened to me from the beginning. I cannot speak ill will of this employer because my 'employment' there was so brief. I am sure that if I stayed I would be as miserable as other reviewers on this site. I wanted to share my awkward experience.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank