Currently Part time

Current Employee - Casual Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Casual Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Beats staying home, but not by much.

Cons

Having worked for the company full and part time for a long time, I have known there WAS no better mens' clothing outfit to represent. We looked forward to coming to the store almost every day because the management appreciated your efforts. Sadly, that is not the case now.

Advice to Management

Pne calls ? That's a joke. Does upper management really think those daily reported calls are actually made ? If you are busy doing stock, code 5s, cleaning the store, taking care of customers, etc. they need to get a life. Opening at 8AM and closing at 10 or 11PM ? Get real.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Can be great if you work hard and have a good store.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked in 2 store in the same region (relocation). The first store was great. Kept by a female manager who managed to run the store and keep it staffed with college students. The store was probably running at an 8/10 on a cleanliness scale, with there being highs and lows at particular times of the years and sales. There was a little store tension, but that can easily be chalked up to being college kids being college kids in a competitive job. Overall I made about $10 an hour part time after commission ($7.50 base). Make sure you are coming in to a clean, friendly store like this one. It will server you well to know how a customer is usually treated.

Cons

Worked in 2 store in the same region (relocation). The second store is absolutely terrible. Kept by an older, tenured, male manager who managed to run the store and keep it staffed with locals only. The store is running at about an 4/10 on a cleanliness scale; I am currently working with the RVP to better the store, but it is VERY hard to fix this store (The manager once said to me that the store associates 'Are not to clean on the weekends, that is selling time' - if we were in a store that had a cleaning associate or a shipper/receiver, I would somewhat understand). The store is very friendly between associates, but other associates have expressed an outright hatred of our clientele. Overall I made about $9.50 an hour full time after commission ($8.00 base). Make sure you are coming in to a clean, friendly store. Had I know this store and it's values I would have started looking for a new career sooner.

Advice to Management

Don't let the wrong type of managers and associates hang around. This is a customer service business, not a car lot.

Don't like the company polices.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Locust Grove, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Locust Grove, GA

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed receiving a pay check weekly

Cons

The regional manage micro manages all store managers

Advice to Management

no comment