JoS. A. Bank

www.josbank.com

Disappointing

Store Manager (Former Employee) North Western, NY

ProsLike most people who review this company, I got to work with some amazing people on the store level, assistant manager and below.

ConsToo many to list, honestly. Most stores start out paying people minimum wage or close to it, and while they may tell you that you will earn commission the reality is that with the draw system the company uses, most sales people will only earn a paycheck over their hourly wage once in a blue moon. The pay structure is at the core of a ton of other problems such as turnover or stores asking staff to work crazy hours because they are understaffed as a result of not being able to hire the right people.

Aside from the pay, I've never met anyone from this company above store manager level that I have even the smallest amount of respect for. From a leadership standpoint the upper management of this company are collectively the most demotivating people I have ever encountered. I worked for an RSD (regional) who must have been bi-polar, you never knew what you would get when she came to the store and I found frequently her mood had more to do with the store she was coming from than the condition or performance of my store. There were frequent conversations that went way past unprofessional in terms of describing the goings on of other stores and personal problems of other managers. This person should never have been put in a management position and if she hasn't been sued yet then its coming shortly.

To anyone thinking of working here, if you are planning on a job for a short period of time to help pay the bills, maybe a summer home from college, than sure you might meet some interesting people and have some fun working depending on the staff at your local store, just don't expect to make more than the hourly wage they offer.

If you are thinking of making a career out of this, walk away now. seriously this is a company that does not care about its employees at all and you will be able to tell very quickly after you assume any type of management role here. Each passing day you will be asked to do more and more, sacrifice more of your time and energy and work harder than you did the previous day. In return you should not expect a raise in pay or even a thank you for the hard work, just a reminder that it was not and will never be enough.

Advice to Senior Managementsell to MWH while its still worth something. return to a base+ commission pay structure instead of the draw, let employees in smaller stores earn a living for a change. Cap store managers hours, don't expect that people will work 80-90 hrs without getting anything extra for it. There are retail stores out there that pay salaried employees overtime over 50 hrs, just a thought.

Great atmosphere, ambiance, and superb selection of men's clothes!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Beachwood, OH

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank part-time for more than a year

Pros: The store was clean, creatively decorated and the displays were… Cons: Not enough scheduled working hours. Not enoug contact with the… Advice to Senior Management: More hands-on-training. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't even work a day for this outfit

Department Manager (Former Employee) Lafayette, CA

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros: 80% off clothing with the right sale free alts Cons: Mid to upper management have different values than the rest… Advice to Senior Management: Explain how to fire some twice and cover up other management wrong doings...I caught the manager stealing and nothing was done. I just hope you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on JoS. A. Bank.

Worked for JoS. A. Bank? Contribute to the Community!