JoS. A. Bank

www.josbank.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Had expected more from such a giant in men's clothing.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Upon my time within the company, I worked with an elder employee who was an Wikipedia
on men's tailoring, he taught me a lot and gave me hope that a future was bright with this company. Great discount and company benefits.

Cons

No acknowledgement/gratitude for your hard work, your support personnel ( store managers) are not a strong leaders. Company demand long hours and very poor compensation ( base vs draw and many never make commission). The loss of good employees who just do not like the practices from within/ middle management.

This company does have some gem's that have been in the retail for some time, know a lot about marketing, sales, motivation , etc and enjoy what they do but, are very frustrated with not having a voice within the company. Get involved.

397 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

worst job ever!!

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Weren't any! At best you sometimes met decent customers.

Cons

The whole company is nothing but a con! Jos.A.Banks cares nothing about employees that's why they're turnover is so high!

please change your whole infrastructure.

Top heavy

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

The only Pro to this company is a flexible weekly schedule.

Cons

Middle management is overworked (I have witnessed them bringing family members in to get the work-load that corporate wants done, done. For the most part it is a minimum wage job except during the holidays. The older employees told me that it was not always that way. As a commissioned job, irrational and unlimited sales has caused the type of clientele that they used to get, disappear. And the return policy is so lax that the amount of work you have to do to keep a sale is ridiculous. If we have a buy one get three free sale all the time, why buy a suit outside of that time periods? also we are given no commission for the other three suits yet it takes hours to fit/mark each suit and guide the customer through the store. The sales associates turn into 1 of 2 type of people. Ones that become lazy because after months or years of trying to make things better they have given up, or two, they hurl themselves into their work, then become burned-out and bitter. Causing them to quit or not work as a team anymore, leaving much work to fall through the cracks. Corporate sends down irrational policies with no knowledge of how the store needs to run on a daily base. All they see is numbers not employees. And with these numbers they try to solve the symptoms rather than the problem. The problem being is that they need to make a choice. Either drop to a middle class clientele and with this it means a stricter return policy and a workable wage such as 11.95 per an hour according to parallel department stores in my area (Georgia). Or they can move back to high-end customers which means reducing the sales and not standing for cheap product or people. The associates/middle-management are under-paid, over-worked, and under-appreciated. This company is like your "frienime", they say "good job!" but do not reflect it in your check or recognize you with change over time with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank