JoS. A. Bank

www.josbank.com
  www.josbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Had expected more from such a giant in men's clothing.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Upon my time within the company, I worked with an elder employee who was an Wikipedia
on men's tailoring, he taught me a lot and gave me hope that a future was bright with this company. Great discount and company benefits.

Cons

No acknowledgement/gratitude for your hard work, your support personnel ( store managers) are not a strong leaders. Company demand long hours and very poor compensation ( base vs draw and many never make commission). The loss of good employees who just do not like the practices from within/ middle management.

This company does have some gem's that have been in the retail for some time, know a lot about marketing, sales, motivation , etc and enjoy what they do but, are very frustrated with not having a voice within the company. Get involved.

374 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

worst job ever!!

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Weren't any! At best you sometimes met decent customers.

Cons

The whole company is nothing but a con! Jos.A.Banks cares nothing about employees that's why they're turnover is so high!

please change your whole infrastructure.

Only if you need clothes.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For young men building a wardrobe, and retirees who want to get out of the house, Jos. A. Bank is a great place. The benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Cons

The hiring philosophy is burn and churn. There is always somebody desperate enough for a $7.25 (MinWage) job. They staff to keep the store tidy, so during the slow times of the week, most of the year, salespeople compete for the occasional customer. Weekends in big city stores are busy and you can make your draw. You might be great with clothes, people and bring in business, but don't expect recognition. It's not part of the corporate culture - at least at the store level. If a client sends in a letter to HQ in Baltimore - you will get a form letter from the Retail President. But the management culture is really cranky, and there is no "rah rah" culture like at the Northwest retailer we all know and love. The front line sales team is a cost. One senior exec suggested I send my clients to the website (so they wouldn't have to pay me commission!) And at Holidays, when you expect to make money, they add more hours to your schedule during the morning or evening - when you can't possible make your goal (for commission). They save money.

You're very lucky so many well-mannered people want to work for you. Stop yelling at your managers, they work too hard. Upgrade your software, and decrease the amount of paperwork.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank