It was decent but extremely time-consuming.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and commission, on-the-spot training, tiding up the store while downtime.

Cons

Took alot of my time out of my family, wasn't fully trained on selling suits.

Other Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Old school company with no respect for it's employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hampstead, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampstead, MD

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a job when I could not find one elsewhere.

Cons

This company is a complete mess from the top all the way to the bottom. They are all about profits, yet when they reap them in quarter after quarter and year after year, they do not share it with it's employees. That is unless you are a VP who already makes millions. Regular employees have not received raises in 3 years.
    There is no room for advancement. Do not take a job here unless you have no other options.

Management Trainee in Planning/Allocations

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time

Pros

Most co-workers are great to work with and people are usually willing to lend a hand to help out when you get swamped. The job is not difficult, just tedious at times.

Cons

Very low pay for the job requirements, middle and upper management are not very open to new ideas. Turnover rate is incredibly high. Each department does things differently so there is no continuity between departments. There is no benefit to going from hourly to salary, once you hit 6 months management believes that you should work 50 to 60 hour weeks. The systems we work on are outdated by over a decade but management has no intention of upgrading them to current industry norms.

You have the turnover rate you do because you don't pay your people what they're worth. They'd be willing to work an extra hour or two if you'd treat them a little better too. When you ask someone to stay 3 hours late because of a long meeting, you make that time up to them. You don't tell them to be in an hour or two early the next morning on top of that. Best advice to management, Men's Warehouse bought Jos. A. Bank, step aside and let those execs run the business properly.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank.

Worked for JoS. A. Bank? Contribute to the Community!