There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Great Time Great People

Former Employee - Department Manager  in  Waltham, MA
Former Employee - Department Manager in Waltham, MA

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very Accommodating manager, tries to be helpful to everyone. As long as you know what you're doing and don't slack off it's a great environment

Cons

Did not experience any cons. Maybe the leaving early policy but that is not too big of a deal

think about snow storm policy, that's all great time otherwise

353 Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank (View Most Recent)

Stressful

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some supervisors are flexible with time off when needed.

Cons

A very high stress environment and being underpaid does not help.

Worst job I have Ever had!!!! Wouldn't wish this job on my Worst enemy. Store manager

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, VA

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good discount Store staff generally nice to work with. Did I say good discount. That's about it. That really is it.

Cons

Everything else. As a store manager you work 55 to 60 hours a week. If it's a random Super Tuesday sale your now working 6 days a week and 65hrs plus. If you get a day off, you might be away from the store but the store will call you all day with customer issues. The Regional manager talks to you like your the dirt on his shoe.
    NO work life balance. Don't even think about seeing your family or going to a event. Because you should always be at the store. Conference calls are just a excuse for the regional manager to yell at his entire district for a hour Better be on mute. Because your no allowed to speak. Pay for sales people is a joke. Minimum wage at best. Pos systems - they got new systems. A shame they don't work and we had to go back to the old ones. Tux rentals - no one wants to do them. They take forever and don't pay but a few dollars. Tailor shop - tailors are great. But the sales people are not tailors. So tell me why with none to very little training are the salespeople having to mark the suits for tailoring That's why the suits always come back wrong.

Moral of the story , unless this is the last job on earth Look some where else.

Send your regional managers to training classes on how to speak to people.

There are newer employer reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Worked for JoS. A. Bank? Contribute to the Community!