Sales Executive

Current Employee - Sales Executive
Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, training, colleagues are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Salary is extremely low especially given the constant sales promotions which negatively impact employee pay.

Other Employee Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

1. Learning Experience

Former Employee - Department Manager in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were very friendly, and I learned a lot about men's fashion. I appreciated that they advanced quickly, and gave autonomy where it was deserved.

Cons

The pay was not the best considering all the work that me and the other employees were doing. They told me they would give me a raise in salary and commission, but I never received the raise or backpay for the raise.

No career here, stay away from Jos A Bank

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent product. Promising outlook for a few store level associates if some of the changes that menswarehouse wants to make come to fruition.

Cons

Most sales associates and department or assistant managers will not earn more than $9/hour, most store managers will not earn more than 30-40k per year working 55+hours/week. Regional managers, division managers and above are tyrants and attack store managers with pressure from every angle. Associates at corporate offices are never happy to help associates at store level. Rsd's always frown upon or DENY any vacation requests by store managers. Expect to never have a saturday off working at jos a bank stores. Menswarehouse has promised a change of culture but hasn't gotten rid of any of the jos a bank tyrants, all they did was put lipstick on those pigs. Promotions are never based on merit, only on politics. The moral at the store level is poor because of RSD's and above. RSD's will pound you to the ground and squeeze every ounce of morale out of you.

Advice to Management

Menswarehouse: Replace the useless jos a bank tyrants at the RSD level and above. Offer your store associates the possibly earn a decent wage. Do not make your store managers work over 45 hours per week. Encourage (instead of frowning upon or DENYING) your store managers to take their hard earned vacation time and holiday time off. Why give vacation time and holiday time if store associates are not allowed to take the time off? Menswarehouse will not earn the trust and respect of the store level associates until some real changes are made at the RSD level and above. Give the company a meaningful identity, right now we are the laughing stock of retail with all the silly sales and promotions. Regardless of the sale, any customer can walk into any jos a bank and get 75% off any suit or sport coat, at any time. Worst place to work if you have a family because RSD's and above do not care about you or your family.