There are newer employer reviews for Jobvite

If you like start-ups, Jobvite is a great opportunity.

Current Employee - Guru in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Guru in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobvite

Pros

Exciting technology, rapidly-growing market, superior product, fast-paced start-up. The Jobvite product is undoubtedly the best in the business. Jobvite is a venture-backed company that has built an on-demand, "SaaS" enterprise recruiting solution that is an elegant and cost compelling tool for an under-serviced SME market.

Cons

Located in the City, which is either a plus or a minus, depending on your commute. If you live in the City, this is a promising and exciting start-up, and a great place to work. Smart people, great culture.

Advice to Management

Carpe Diem.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fun, exciting and rapidly growing SaaS company

Current Employee - Accountant in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Jobvite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- catered lunch twice a week
    - tons of snacks and beverages
    - gorgeous new office
    - weekly All-hands meeting where management presents, which allows for transparency
    - everyone who works here seems very genuine and friendly, and everyone is looking to grow the company and make it clear leader in the industry

Cons

- office location isn't very close to public transit, and is in San Mateo, where most employees don't live
    - there seems to be a stigma around working from home, and the policy isn't clearly uniform across the company
    - we are going through a hyper growth phase right now, which can come with some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Get an office in San Francisco to decrease employee turnover and greatly improve recruiting opportunities. Provide a WFH policy that is clear so that employees aren't confused about what is and isn't allowed, and make it uniform across the company. Increase salaries, as Jobvite seems to have low salaries across the board compared to other companies in the area. Provide more career-development programs for the more youthful employees.

Energetic and smart start up with great tech, solid communication, and on its way to becoming a silicon valley leader

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Jobvite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our CEO is very open with all employees and he shares a lot of information about the company (strategy, success, challenges) that many other CEOs do not share, in my experience. There is a weekly all-hands meeting for all HQ and remote employees, and the executive team members rotate each week and give detailed presentation on the priorities and project status in each of their functional areas. Lots of opportunity to play your position and perform at the top of your game, but also to contribute and help others with projects that move the company forward. Culture is supportive of new and better ways of doing things. Our customers (Glassdoor is one!) love the products, because we help them find and hire the best people in less time. I like working at a company that makes a real difference for our customers and their employees. Great new office space in San Mateo is a big bonus.

Cons

When you move this fast some balls get dropped - this requires patience and empathy with co-workers to close the gaps. It is a competitive market which means we have to be on top of our game, move fast and be roughly right, but also maintain the flexibility to respond to change. Can get frantic around end of quarter.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency but watch out for over-communication. Celebrate and maintain the positive company culture during this phase of hyper growth.