John Deere

www.deere.com

Bureaucracy

Engineer (Former Employee) Waterloo, IA

ProsSome of the nicest, most intelligent, hardest working people I've ever met work here. Customers and dealers are enjoyable to meet and interact with.

ConsThe problem is most of them are within 5 years of retirement. The younger generation of management has a totally different attitude and lack of knowledge. Not many have worked their way up through the ranks.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to prioritize. Many processes and procedures are effective. Ineffective processes and procedures are never abandoned or reviewed. There is so much focus on following the process that it doesn't matter whether the desired outcomes are achieved.

Great place to develop yourself as an engineer

Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Valley City, ND

I worked at John Deere

Pros: John Deere has endless opportunities to grow as an individual. As an intern, I did actual work and had legitimate projects I was solely… Cons: Employees spend money very freely, as in most large corporations. Communication between salary and wage… Advice to Senior Management: Increase communication among employees by holding more meetings between wage… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Conservative Company with solid foundation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Horicon, WI

I have been working at John Deere

Pros: John Deere is a very stable company with ties in the agriculture market that is the money maker and backbone of the business.… Cons: Conservative company (can be viewed as bad/good), new ideas and innovative ideas are sometimes difficult sell. Locations for work are not highly sought after… Advice to Senior Management: Need to focus on bringing in young leaders in the business and developing them into becoming future leaders. Hiring contract workers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on John Deere.

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!