John Deere

www.deere.com

Outstanding company, great career opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dubuque, IA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Pros

John Deere really values it's employees. A lot of companies pay lip service to the employees being their greatest asset, but Deere walks the walk. Employee retention is phenomenal; almost nobody leaves.

Advancement opportunities are almost endless. Many positions become available all of the time making it very easy to move around and advance within the company.

Tuition reimbursement program is fantastic. $15k/year for graduate school.

Cons

Schedules can get hectic. 45-50 hour work weeks are not uncommon.

People at Deere do not value work experience outside of Deere as highly as they do work experience at Deere.

Keep growing the company! You're doing a great job with the global movement, but I feel we're still behind the Caterpillar's of the world. We have a lot of ground to make up outside of North America.

Other reviews for John Deere

Great place to work

Current Employee - Machinist  in  Moline, IL
    Current Employee - Machinist in Moline, IL

Pros

Benefits are great. Pay is decent

Cons

To many hours sometimes, and long

Understand my job is a big part of my life but it's not my whole life

A good company to work for; if you work hard and make your career objectives know their are resources available.

Former Employee - Advanced Engineering Analyst  in  Milan, IL
    Former Employee - Advanced Engineering Analyst in Milan, IL

Pros

A large variety of job types and skill sets. A good system for career development and resources to help you achieve your career goals. PDC is part of Deere and Company which offers a number of different opportunities worldwide.

Cons

We were very aggressive in making changes to the distribution system in order to improve customer service and as the result you were more than busy. If you're opposed to working almost 24/7 this may not be the place for everyone.

Take time to show appreciation for the hard work most of the employees are providing.

There are newer employer reviews for John Deere.

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!